Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedARTec purehair collection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kathi View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kathi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ARTec purehair collection
    Posted: January 09 2000 at 1:41am
I read that ARTec has come out with a new organic line of products called purehair. Has anybody (Karen or Dave D?)tried these? Any feedback would be much appreciated, especially ingredients.

Thanks! :)

Kathi
KarenShelton View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KarenShelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2000 at 3:43pm
Hi Kathi,

Boy is my face red. Yes...ARTec has a new organic line and I have the entire line sitting in a box in my bathroom ready to test. Unfortunately I have had the WORST case of the flu that I have ever had and I have been barely able to wash my hair for the past 10 days. Yes, the product looks FAB. I will go drag out the box and type up some info. I have heard great things about the line.

Thanks for asking.

Best wishes,
Karen Shelton
KarenShelton View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KarenShelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2000 at 4:08pm
Hi,

The new pure haircollection is a complete new product line from ARTec that is built upon aromatherapy and organic principles.

purehair is advertised by ARTec as having no articial color and totally pure. 100% pure essential oils are used as well as certified organic plant and flower ingredients that are grown without the use of synthetic fertilizers, persticides or herbicides.

Contains no articifical colors or dyes. Non-aersol spray delivery systems. Designed for color treated, permed, relaxed hair or any type of hair.

Includes some of the following oils:

Rosemary & eucalyptus to detoxify & remove impurities from hair scalp. Patchouli essential oils balance dry or oily hair & scalp back to normal.

The essential oils are also designed to protect hair against airborne pollutants such as smoke & other environmental odors.

Products in the new line

Shampoos:
Mandarin Bodyifying Shampoo (volume building shampoo)
Sweet Fennel Hydrating Shampoo (moisturizing & conditioning)
Patchouli Balancing Pure Shampoo (daily balancing shampoo)
Rosemary Purifying Shampoo (daily detox shampoo w/ organic rosemary & eucalyptus.

Conditioning Therapies & Remedies
Geranium Replenishing Tonic
Basil Mint Detangling Elixer
Chamomile Aloe Moisturizing Balm

Styling
Soybean Bodifying Puregel
Jasmine Volumizing Fixative
Meadowfoam Seed Styling Mousse
Borage Supporting Liquidgel

Finishing
Cornflower Working Spray
Sandalwood Finishing Spray
Watercress Finishing Purehold
Watercress Finishing Purehold
Grapeseed Finishing Pureshine
Nerolie REflecting Sprayshine

Aromatherapy
Patchouli Cedarwood Aromacandle
Lavender Marigold Aromacandle

I will try and post more details about these products on the site and of course will be testing the entire line. I am a big ARTec fan and am excited about these new offerings.

I just need to break into my giant box of all the products and start testing them. I will tell you that they smell heavenly. :-)

Best wishes,
Karen Shelton
Hair Boutique
Kathi View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kathi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2000 at 3:02pm
Hi Karen,

Thanks so much for the info....I knew I could count on you!! :) I'm sorry to hear you have been sick, my family has had some yucky flu/cold thing in varying stages since Christmas, so I can sympathize!

Can you tell me if these new shampoos & conditioners contain SLS or silicones? They sound wonderful, I am looking forward to your review!

Thanks again & keep feeling better! :)

Kathi

Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2000 at 3:32pm
Hi Karen,

I'm so sorry to hear you are ill. Hope you feel much better soon!

I have some questions about the products. You said they contain no artificial colors, but if you highlight your hair, what is the importance of using no dyes (I assume the dyes in shampoos would be rinsed off)?

I'd also like to know, since shampoo is rinsed off of the hair, why do you think it's important to use organic ingredients? Which do you think is most important in a shampoo -- the cleansing agent or the botanicals used?

>>Patchouli essential oils balance dry or oily hair & scalp back to normal.

How does oil (any type) help oily hair?

I hope you understand that trying to learn all about hair and hair care products that I can, and I'd love to find out more about why and how certain ingredients work!

Thanks,

Jennifer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic