Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAveda - the right combination

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sakurako@ozemail.com.au View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sakurako@ozemail.com.au Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aveda - the right combination
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:15am
My wife who is Japanese and growing her her out long (6 inches below waist length target) again after a disasterous perm and has started to use Aveda products. I suggested she did after seeing your page, and seeing the stunning first set of gallery pics you posted which I assume were of an asian lady. I went to the Aveda shop in Melbourne Australia near where we live and after a chat with the consultant there bought shampure/rosemary mint conditioning rinse for regular use, and black malva shampoo and colour conditioner for once a week use. She also has the Cherry /almond bark reconstructive hair conditioner for weekly use. Sorry about the long lead in but my question is that my wife also dyes her hair black with loreal exellence for grey cover, so would it be possible to use one of the colouring shampoos/rinses that brings out reds/auban instead of black malva as I think this would suit her too, or woudl this conflict or be nullified with the loreal dye too much. You can see pics of my wife at http://www.ozemail.com.au/~sakurako/ but her hair now has grown just about mid back only with about 2 inches of perm left only. Love some advice on this as my wife is indulging my love for beautiful long hair an I want to help if I can !
Jim Butchee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Butchee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:19am
The Aveda color shampoos are designed to work with both natural and colored hair. I think your wife should experiment with the different color shampoos that would likely add a reddish tint. Madder Root might work nicely.The Aveda color shampoos are very gentle and would only enhance your wife's current hair color...not alter it permanently.Good luck. I am glad to hear you have switched to Aveda. It is an excellent product.Jim Butchee
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic