Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSplit ends and hair growing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Itzel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Itzel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Split ends and hair growing
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:16am
Hi!I've been trying to grow my hair for 5 years now, and it doesn't seem to want to grow longer than middle back. I have it cut every 6 to 8 weeks (I hate seeing a split end and my hair seems to split easier than other's), but my hairdresser has to cut 1 1/2 " each time in order to get rid of unhealthy ends. How will I ever get long hair at this rythm???Help!P.S.: There's no way I'm giving up on my trims!
«On ne naît pas femme: on le
devient» -Simone de Beauvoir
Linda Smith View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:16am
To keep my ends o.k., I always use a comb before I brush. I seems to rip out less hair. Also, I usually keep my hair in a simple braid or bun to protect it from breaking. You also might want to get a slightly smaller trim. Remember, split ends only show up when there's a lot of them.
Itzel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Itzel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:16am
Hi!Thanks a lot for your answer. I think my main problem is when my hair is wet. I tend to comb it before it's completely dry and it sure doesn't do it any good. I think I will try not touching it while wet for about a month and see if there is any difference. I will also try to get a smaller trim and see what happens.Thanks again!
Karen (TLHV) View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen (TLHV) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:16am
Hi Itzel,Here is a secret.....if you use a really good pic (like the one we promote here) you will not have to worry about it tearing or ripping your hair.Jim Butchee spent some time this week showing me different combs and pics using a magnifying glass. A good pic will be manufactured so that the seam between the pic blades is smooth and will not rip or tear your hair.However, a bad pick or comb...will rip and tear your hair because of harsh ridges or edges on the seams.Your hair is always more vulnerable when it is wet. But if you use a good conditioner (wash out or stay in) and towel blot your hair first and then use a high quality pic or comb....you should not cause any damage to your hair if you pic it still damp.Good luck Itzel.Karen
Itzel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Itzel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:16am
Hi Karen!Thanks a lot for your comments. I'll take a look at my combs and pics and use the good ones! I sure love my hair and want it to look goregeous! Thanks again!Itzel
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic