Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNatural Boar Bristle Brushes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Natural Boar Bristle Brushes
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:16am
Hi! I just wanted to say that I have very thick, curly hair, and I have had trouble finding a brush that will brush through all the layers of my hair. In my experience a natural boar bristle brush has given me better results than a plastic or rubber brush. I don't think it is damaging my hair, since there are no knobs on the ends to catch in my hair and snap it off, or create knots. Anyone have any comments?
Jim Butchee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Butchee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:16am
Kate,Since beautiful long hair is my business and I have hundreds of serious clients, I am very concerned about recommending the best brushes to my customers. In my many years of experience in this business I have NEVER found a Boar's Bristle brush that I would personally recommend to my clients.I have been to many hair shows over the years and always look at all the brushes that are available. I take a special jeweler's loop to look at the bristles to see how sharp they are. It is very rare to find a Boar's Bristle brush that is 100% natural Boar's Bristle. By law...they only must include approximately 10-20% Boar Bristle to be called such.I have never found a Boar's Bristle brush that I thought was safe or good to recommend. This is in years of research.The Battalia brush will handle any type of hair including heavy, thick curly and wavy hair. In my experience it is of much higher quality than any other brush I have ever examined. I would not recommend any brush that I would not personally use in my Studio B salon. I do use the brush and find it to be excellent. I am positive that it will not rip or tear the delicate shafts of the hair. The last thing I want is to recommend any brush that would harm the hair.Everyone needs to buy the product that they feel is best for them. If you feel comfortable with your current brush that is great.However, I have clients who pay me a high fee to advise them of the very best brushes to protect their hair from tearing or ripping. I have a basket at Studio B with literally 100s of "bad" brushes. Many are so called Boar's Bristle.The Battalia is well made, it is inexpensive compared to many brushes and it has a long life cycle. It is also easy to clean and is made of the highest quality materials available (no cheap rubber or plastic is used).I encourage everyone to do what is best for them. But I also encourage my clients to use the best tools possible. You can see the results since the Gallery contains all of my current Studio B clients. Most of my serious clients have found great results with the Battalia brush.Best wishes.Jim Butchee
Kate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:16am
Mr. Butchee,Thank you for your advice! Actually, right now I am looking for a good quality brush. I have searched the web and found very few results. Are you familiar with Mason Pearson brushes? From what I have read, they are supposed to be high quality, but they are very expensive. At any rate, I am willing to try something new; I am hesitant only because I have trouble with brushes; my hair has the ability to break plastic brushes. What exactly is the Battalia brush made out of, and are the bristles very flexible, or firm enough to brush thick hair? I ask only because I believe you know what you are talking about. Thank you!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic