Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedhair growth and split ends!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
maryann View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair growth and split ends!!!!!!
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:16am
ok....I am 33 years old. The last time I cut my hair was when I was 14. My hair is only to my shoulders!!! I dont blow dry, chemically process and yes I do trim every month. But I still have split ends on everyone of my hairs and they arent just at the ends either!!! They even have breakage about 2 inches up!! I deep condition once a week and use a moisturizing conditioner every other day. I have naturally curly coarse hair. what can I do??? Will I ever know what its like to have long hair?????
Kate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:16am
I'm not a professional, but it sounds as if you are using the wrong types of hair products. I have learned from doing a lot of research about hair that shampoos and conditioners that you buy at the drugstore are often not beneficial to the hair; professional products are better because they often have a lower pH level, which makes them acidic, which is a good thing. I think you should go to a salon and have a professional hairstylist tell you which products are best for coarse hair, and he/she could probably help with your split ends problem, also. Or if you would like to get advice from professionals over the internet, go to a site called All About Hair. It was this site I went to to research hair, and found out about pH levels and what that all means. Again, I am not a professional, but I hope I have been of some help!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic