Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCombing vs. Brushing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Combing vs. Brushing
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:18am
I just wanted to let everyone know that I have experienced the difference between brushing wet hair and combing it. I used to use this cheap plastic vent brush on my wet hair, and it always snapped my hair off. My hair is very thick, so I didn't think I could use a comb, and I wasn't sure I believed a comb would work any better. Recently, I bought a wide-tooth, tortise-shell comb and the results were wonderful! My hair detangles so much more easily, and hardly ever snaps or breaks off. So, for anyone who is sceptical, combing wet hair is definitely the way to go, in my opinion.
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:18am
Kate,Yes...combing is definitely the way to go and brushing wet hair can really damage it. I used to think that brushing was easier and then Jim Butchee gave me a demonstration on how wet hair is so much more fragile and will snap off very easily.That taught me a lesson. Sometimes I switch between the Battalia wide tooth comb and the Eflock pic and the results are just great.Thanks for the info.Regards,Karen
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
pamela View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pamela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:18am
I have been using a brush on my hair for 9 years with little or no damage. The name of the brush is SPLENDOR. I bought it at a rummage sale and would like to find a source to buy a new one.Thank You, Pamela
Victor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:18am
What are these products made of? Every now and then I experiment with combing wet hair, and every time I'm met with the same results. I can't get through the tangles. No problem with a brush, however. However, I think this is too simplistic. I think the problem is that I haven't been able to find a good comb. They are always made of plastic, which seems to bind to my hair. The brush I currently use on my wet hair is a Goody brush with metal tines. I use a porcupine on dry hair (BTW, I've noticed that there are several brands of porcupines). The porcupine absolutely will not work on wet hair.
Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:23am
Going slightly off the subject (!) but since we're talking combing...what is the best way for me get my parting perfectly straight, and exactly in the middle? This is how I now want to wear my hair but a scruffy parting ruins the effect. Leading on, how can I get a clean, straight parting down the back for when I want to braid both sides?
Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:23am
A slight deviation (!) bu twhile we are talking about combing...Has anyone got any suggestions for a perfectly straight parting exactly in the middle? Being my hair's so black my parting stands out like a sore thumb and looks scruffy cos I'm not getting it straight. Also, same thing but parting down the back.Any help much appreciated.ThanksLisa
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic