Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedcomputer imaging

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stephanie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: computer imaging
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:20am
I have been considering doing something with my hair for years, but I don't know what. It continues to grow longer and straighter. In an attempt to find a new style, I have been looking for businesses which computerize your face, then add different hair styles, colors, and lengths (of your choice) to your face on computer. You walk out with those images on paper or video. I live in a fairly large city and cannot seem to find such a business. Friends who have done this in the past have done so in the center booths of malls with companies who travel from mall to mall. Any hints on how to find or use such a service? I've called local malls and salons to no avail.
scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:20am
You might be able to find such on the net. The attached web site had some stuff in this direction a while ago (though the link didn't work a minute ago when I tried it). I hope you decide not to "do something" too extreme with your hair, though. :(> I have been considering doing something with> my hair for years, but I don't know what. It continues> to grow longer and straighter. In an attempt to> find a new style, I have been looking for businesses> which computerize your face, then add different> hair styles, colors, and lengths (of your choice)> to your face on computer. You walk out with those> images on paper or video. I live in a fairly large> city and cannot seem to find such a business.> Friends who have done this in the past have done> so in the center booths of malls with companies> who travel from mall to mall. Any hints on how> to find or use such a service? I've called local> malls and salons to no avail.
LORI SIMON View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LORI SIMON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:20am
> I have been considering doing something with> my hair for years, but I don't know what. It continues> to grow longer and straighter. In an attempt to> find a new style, I have been looking for businesses> which computerize your face, then add different> hair styles, colors, and lengths (of your choice)> to your face on computer. You walk out with those> images on paper or video. I live in a fairly large> city and cannot seem to find such a business.> Friends who have done this in the past have done> so in the center booths of malls with companies> who travel from mall to mall. Any hints on how> to find or use such a service? I've called local> malls and salons to no avail.
Colin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:20am
e, I have been looking for businesses which computerize your face, then add different> hair styles, colors, and lengths (of your choice)> to your face on computer.-- There is a new CD ROM out from Cosmopolitan Magazine ( I think ) which allows for all kinds of experimentation with your digitized image, which they will help with. Once you get a photo in digitized form, you can try over 150 hairdos, different makeups, etc. at home. Sounds like fun, huh? I've seen it at computer outlets and I beleive KMart has it as well for about $42.00. They also have a site on the web describing this product. .a simple search should do the trick. Good luck vg
Dick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:21am
I have one suggestion - Cosmopolitan has a commercial package available where you can do that imaging yourself with lots of options in the package. Have found it at WalMart and Kmart recently - about $37.00> I have been considering doing something with> my hair for years, but I don't know what. It continues> to grow longer and straighter. In an attempt to> find a new style, I have been looking for businesses> which computerize your face, then add different> hair styles, colors, and lengths (of your choice)> to your face on computer. You walk out with those> images on paper or video. I live in a fairly large> city and cannot seem to find such a business.> Friends who have done this in the past have done> so in the center booths of malls with companies> who travel from mall to mall. Any hints on how> to find or use such a service? I've called local> malls and salons to no avail.
pamela View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pamela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:23am
Try calling a JC Penny's. I wasa able to do a video in Fairbanks, Alaska. I found it really helpful to see the diffrent styles and colors. The cost is $40 up here.>
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic