Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBogus hair color job

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Marguerite View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marguerite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bogus hair color job
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:20am
Well, at 36 years old I never had put any color on my hair and only tried a couple of perms that were disastrous. I have very fine, slightly longer than shoulder-length light brown, straight hair. It was starting to really develop a lot of gray so I finally asked my stylist to cover up the gray. She did all-over color that came out really brassy looking with an orange/red tint to it. It's been on about three weeks and my roots are just starting to show -- what should I do now? I'm tempted to let it all grow out and forget about covering the gray -- although everything I read says gray actually can have a negative effect on your career. But can another color job fix what's been done or only make it worse? Help??
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:20am
Dear Marguerite,I am so sorry to hear about your bogus hair color experience. I would like to recommnd that you consider having a "reverse" highlight job. I would first recommend that you find a "colorist" or a hair color expert to work with your hair.Then I would recommend that you ask them to do the reverse highlight where they weave in many different colors to compliment your brown hair and blend in the slight grey. I have seen several women with this technique and their hair looks stunning. What this process should involve is applying a plastic cap and then pulling strands through. Then the colorist would apply lighter and darker complimentary colors to your hair. The entire hair would not be colored. Just certain strategically placed strands.I have had this process done to my blond hair with incredible results. My colorist will add both darker and lighter blonde shades in small quanties. It adds shine and body to my hair and gives it a wonderful natural look.A good colorist can reverse the bad color job and give you wonderful "low lights".Where to find a good colorist? Call the best salons in town and ask who is the best colorist they have. Go for a consultation first before you let them touch your hair. Shop around. If you see someone in public with gorgeous color...ask for a recommendation.You can also use the Aveda Black Malva shampoo and conditioner. This will darken your hair and disquise the gray. Just like the Blue Malva shampoo with highlight blonde and gray....Black Malva will add a deep brunette color and could help you overcome the brassiness that you currently have.Don't give up. With the right colorist...you can make your hair gorgous.Good luck.Karen
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic