Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHairspray substitute

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alyce View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alyce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hairspray substitute
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:23am
I want to do my daughters hair in long ringlets but don't want to use masses of hairspray to keep them in. Can anyone tell me how they did this in the old days when ringlets were common and hairspray hadn't been invented
Julie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:23am
Watch the movie Little Women. An iron curling rod was heated on the wood stove then hair wrapped around it. Result was either ringlets or... well watch the movie ;-)> I want to do my daughters hair in long ringlets> but don't want to use masses of hairspray to keep> them in. Can anyone tell me how they did this> in the old days when ringlets were common and> hairspray hadn't been invented
June View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote June Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:23am
To get a strong curl, my mom used to set my hair wet with sponge or spring rollers. Then I'd sit under the hood dryer until my hair was dry. But my hair holds a curl very well.You didn't say whether or not your daughter's hair held a curl easily or not. But you might try an extra firm holding gel then roll it wet. Don't know if this gets you past the objection to hairspray, though.Good Luck,June
Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:23am
> I want to do my daughters hair in long ringlets> but don't want to use masses of hairspray to keep> them in. Can anyone tell me how they did this> in the old days when ringlets were common and> hairspray hadn't been inventedDear Alyce,Why not try mousse or gel?Take care,Lisa :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic