Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedProblems wih natural hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Marsha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marsha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problems wih natural hair
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:27am
I am an an African-American woman with naturally curly hair. I used to get my hair relaxed every fix-six months for four years. I have stopped getting relaxers almost two years ago. It took about that long for the relaxer to "grow out". I haven't had to deal with my unmanegable hair since I was eleven and even then I used to blow dry it and put it in a bun because it was so frizzy. I like my curly hair when I let it air dry. It looks nice for a couple of hours, but then it becomes extemely dry and frizz and the humid climate in Florida only makes matters worse. I was wondering if anyone knew of any products that tame frizzy hair and would make my curly hair managable. It is long and down the middle of my back (past my bra strap). I've tried Frizz-Ease, but I think I need something stronger. Please help before I get into another "bun rut"!
Marsha
Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:27am
> I am an an African-American woman with naturally> curly hair. I used to get my hair relaxed every> fix-six months for four years. I have stopped> getting relaxers almost two years ago. It took> about that long for the relaxer to "grow> out". I haven't had to deal with my unmanegable> hair since I was eleven and even then I used to> blow dry it and put it in a bun because it was> so frizzy. I like my curly hair when I let it> air dry. It looks nice for a couple of hours,> but then it becomes extemely dry and frizz and> the humid climate in Florida only makes matters> worse. I was wondering if anyone knew of any products> that tame frizzy hair and would make my curly> hair managable. It is long and down the middle> of my back (past my bra strap). I've tried Frizz-Ease,> but I think I need something stronger. Please> help before I get into another "bun rut"!>Dear Marsha,Hi!Have you tried leave-in conditioners?Lisa :-)
Marsha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marsha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:27am
>> Dear Marsha,> Hi!> Have you tried leave-in conditioners?> Lisa :-)Thanks for the suggestion. Does anyone have a particular leave-in-conditioner in mind? What other type of products can I try for my problem hair?Marsha
Marsha
Verne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Verne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:27am
>> Thanks for the suggestion. Does anyone have> a particular leave-in-conditioner in mind? What> other type of products can I try for my problem> hair?> MarshaHi Marsha,I am currently using Clairol's Daily Defense Leave-in Conditioner spray. I am very pleased with this product. It helps to detangle my hair, and also I have noticed that it leaves my hair with good elasticity. Try it. I am sure that you will be pleased with the results.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic