Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDry ends

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Clare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dry ends
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:27am
The ends of my hair tend to get dry and frizzy, even though I get trims about every 3 months and regular deep conditioning. Any suggestions on how to deal with this? I am thinking of having 1/2" cut off on my next trim, because I can't stand how dry it looks. Is that too much to take off while trying to grow it out? Also, what is the advantage of a satin pillow case?
Clare
Auggie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:27am
Hi Clare,The best suggestion I have is to spray a leave in conditioner on the wet ends and then follow up with a bit of silicone serum (like John Frieda's Frizz ease.) also when the hair's still wet. If you're blow drying your hair, that could be the reason it looks damaged quickly. 1/2" isn't really too much to take off if you're going to care for it afterwards. i.e. don't blow-dry, brush seldomly and carefully, etc.The way I keep my ends together is to coil my hair in a bun at my neck anytime I'm going outside. Or a coil on top of my head at night. And I don't brush it too much.A satin pillow case supposedly doesn't tangle your hair like cotton, linen, etc.Auggie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic