Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThanks for the Advice!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thanks for the Advice!
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:33am
To Marsha, Jennifer and Karen, Thank you for replying to my haircare concerns!Your suggestions have been helpful -- I've learned some things in the past week... first and foremost, I learned that for my hair, leaving-in a little bit of conditioner is ABSOLUTELY essential. As an aside, it makes me wonder why the instructions on conditioner bottles/tubes advise rinsing it out? Maybe if it's been applied to excess... Anyway, I use a little in the shower and rinse lightly (not thoroughly), which smooths the hair and makes combing a bit easier. Then after combing it out, I apply a little bit more throughout. The result, when dry, is very soft hair.I live in the southeast (HIGH humidity), and the increasing humidity is making the shorter re-growing hairs on my head tend to become wiry and stick up. Using a tiny amount of conditioner spread around on the palms of my hands, I gently smooth my palms onto the hair away from the part, as if to slick it (but I use so little, it's not slick). I discovered that this helps tame those frizzies a LOT. This strategy not be news to some, but it was news to me and I'm really satisfied with the results.And of course, the overnight conditioning worked great!My hair is now soft, smooth and NOT dry.Grateful for your kind and helpful advice,Dave
David M Squires
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:33am
Dave,So glad to hear you are getting awesome results. I have found that besides Aveda the Phytologie line works great on my hair and in the summer I always use Phyto#7...which is a leave in conditioner...in my hair and have great luck with it keeping the humidity at bay. I live in Dallas which is hotter than hot and humid at times. So I know what you mean about needing to have some conditioner on your hair at all times.Thanks for the feedback.Karen> To Marsha, Jennifer and Karen, Thank you> for replying to my haircare concerns!> Your suggestions have been helpful -- I've> learned some things in the past week... first> and foremost, I learned that for my hair, leaving-in> a little bit of conditioner is ABSOLUTELY essential.> As an aside, it makes me wonder why the instructions> on conditioner bottles/tubes advise rinsing it> out? Maybe if it's been applied to excess... Anyway,> I use a little in the shower and rinse lightly> (not thoroughly), which smooths the hair and makes> combing a bit easier. Then after combing it out,> I apply a little bit more throughout. The result,> when dry, is very soft hair.> I live in the southeast (HIGH humidity),> and the increasing humidity is making the shorter> re-growing hairs on my head tend to become wiry> and stick up. Using a tiny amount of conditioner> spread around on the palms of my hands, I gently> smooth my palms onto the hair away from the part,> as if to slick it (but I use so little, it's not> slick). I discovered that this helps tame those> frizzies a LOT. This strategy not be news to some,> but it was news to me and I'm really satisfied> with the results.> And of course, the overnight conditioning> worked great!> My hair is now soft, smooth and NOT dry.>> Grateful for your kind and helpful advice,>> Dave
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic