Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhat Has Happened Here?!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What Has Happened Here?!!!
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:35am
It was a busy day, out of commission vehicles, childrens ball games, too much to do in too little time, so I never got my lurk in yesterday, those few idle moments when the house is finally still and that soothing silence settles down upon everything and I come here to visit with friends I've never met and maybe add a thing or two to the conversation. And what do I find? MAYHEM! I've sadly watched as my other favorite hair site has degenerated into sophomoric idiocy with faked posts and faked responses and offensive trollers linking their grotesque and repugnant sites and each time that I've run from there, the Hair Boutique has offered me a respite, a haven, a place to forget for a moment that that sort of madness exists and just happily gab with the girls about how we can offer each other the support and encouragment all of us at one time or another needs. It makes me SO SAD to think that this could be ruined!!! and while I applaud the diplomacy of the other women who have responded with messages of live and let live, just ignore them, etc. I say take more militant action!! Delete these offenders! Bar them access! While, of course, I am completely opposed to severe hair styles on women since I feel such butchering robs them of so much of their innate natural beauty, I am not in any way opposed to excercising ones personal preferences. Hey, if you want to shave your head, that's your affair. But the recent posts are not from individual women sharing their heartfelt secrets, they are obviously all from a single source, despite the different names, Alice or Brian of Jeff (NOT webmaster Jeff) and they seek to promote a certain agenda, to recruit and to exploit those who might be in a vulnerable position. Terri Anne asked for help and I for one wish I had responded first rather that the chop heads. This kind of behavior now throws all of us into the awkward position of wondering whether any given message is legitimate. Is the poster a real person or some crazy? If we respond are we just fueling their little game? If we don't know, how can we help some woman who might really need our support? The women who come here open up a part of their hearts and freely share their special stories in a spirit of sisterhood that is rarely seen in today's society. There is no competition here, no cat fighting, no rudeness and I for one don't want to see that destroyed. Karen and Jeff, I say do whatever it takes to keep that from happening and make no apologies for it!!! Very best wishes to all, Dawn
jill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:35am
I assure you that neither Alice or myself have anything to do with the Hoax below. JillBWAS. We are interested in discussing alternate hairstyles for women.> It was a busy day, out of commission vehicles,> childrens ball games, too much to do in too little> time, so I never got my lurk in yesterday, those> few idle moments when the house is finally still> and that soothing silence settles down upon everything> and I come here to visit with friends I've never> met and maybe add a thing or two to the conversation.> And what do I find? MAYHEM! I've sadly watched> as my other favorite hair site has degenerated> into sophomoric idiocy with faked posts and faked> responses and offensive trollers linking their> grotesque and repugnant sites and each time that> I've run from there, the Hair Boutique has offered> me a respite, a haven, a place to forget for a> moment that that sort of madness exists and just> happily gab with the girls about how we can offer> each other the support and encouragment all of> us at one time or another needs. It makes me SO> SAD to think that this could be ruined!!! and> while I applaud the diplomacy of the other women> who have responded with messages of live and let> live, just ignore them, etc. I say take more militant> action!! Delete these offenders! Bar them access!> While, of course, I am completely opposed to severe> hair styles on women since I feel such butchering> robs them of so much of their innate natural beauty,> I am not in any way opposed to excercising ones> personal preferences. Hey, if you want to shave> your head, that's your affair. But the recent> posts are not from individual women sharing their> heartfelt secrets, they are obviously all from> a single source, despite the different names,> Alice or Brian of Jeff (NOT webmaster Jeff) and> they seek to promote a certain agenda, to recruit> and to exploit those who might be in a vulnerable> position. Terri Anne asked for help and I for> one wish I had responded first rather that the> chop heads. This kind of behavior now throws all> of us into the awkward position of wondering whether> any given message is legitimate. Is the poster> a real person or some crazy? If we respond are> we just fueling their little game? If we don't> know, how can we help some woman who might really> need our support? The women who come here open> up a part of their hearts and freely share their> special stories in a spirit of sisterhood that> is rarely seen in today's society. There is no> competition here, no cat fighting, no rudeness> and I for one don't want to see that destroyed.> Karen and Jeff, I say do whatever it takes to> keep that from happening and make no apologies> for it!!! Very best wishes to all, Dawn
The Hair Boutique View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Hair Boutique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:35am
> I assure you that neither Alice or myself> have anything to do with the Hoax below. JillBWAS.> We are interested in discussing alternate hairstyles> for women.Jill,Karen & I have no problem with legitimate discussion of hairstyles. Be they short or long. But the keyword here is discussion. We don't want this forum to deteriorate into a mindless advocacy of one style over the other. The main focus of this forum is the care and maintenance of hair to achieve healthly hair whatever style you choose.A message with nothing but a picture and a couple of words doesn't further the discussion of alternative hair styles. It only serves to bait some kind of extreme response.Anyway, please feel free to contribute to this forum.Jeff.
Jill and Alice View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jill and Alice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:35am
Dear Jeff and Karen If you have allready traced the IPs you allready know that none of our members made the false post in question. All of the posts originating from the Bwas camp and Headquarters should have the same IP, since they are on the same local network.> We,very much, like your idea of a short hair forum. We would like a alternative to the male dominated ,hair fetish sites. In other words a female short hair site for women only. THANK YOU JILL..... BWAS> Jill,> Karen & I have no problem with legitimate> discussion of hairstyles. Be they short or long.> But the keyword here is discussion. We don't want> this forum to deteriorate into a mindless advocacy> of one style over the other. The main focus of> this forum is the care and maintenance of hair> to achieve healthly hair whatever style you choose.>> A message with nothing but a picture and> a couple of words doesn't further the discussion> of alternative hair styles. It only serves to> bait some kind of extreme response.> Anyway, please feel free to contribute to> this forum.> Jeff.
The Hair Boutique View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Hair Boutique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:35am
> Dear Jeff and Karen If you have allready> traced the IPs you allready know that none of> our members made the false post in question. All> of the posts originating from the Bwas camp and> Headquarters should have the same IP, since they> are on the same local network.> We,very much,> like your idea of a short hair forum. We would> like a alternative to the male dominated ,hair> fetish sites. In other words a female short hair> site for women only. THANK YOU JILL..... BWAS>Dear Jill & Alice,First I have to apologize. I should have cleared this up earlier. There were actually two separate incidents yesterday that got mixed together. First there were the messages from Alice that some of our readers felt were inappropriate for this forum. Second there was the Karen Hoax where someone baited the forum by posing as Karen and stating they she had a bad hair cutting experience. It was unfortunate that both of these events occurred on the same day as they could be viewed as being related.While I obviously can't say for certain that you didn't post the Karen Hoax messages, I don't believe that they came from you. Unforunately, tracing IP addresses is more an art than a science and I'm still working on tracing the IP address.As to your request for a forum for short hair discussion, this is something that Karen & I will look into. We are always open to new ideas.To Our Loyal ReadersPlease don't jump to the conclusion that Alice or Jill perpetuated the Karen Hoax. I have absolutely no proof that they were involved and I do believe firmly in innocent until proven guilty (I still believe that O.J. is innocent, just kidding).Jeff.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic