Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAnother Aveda Praise..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another Aveda Praise..
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:35am
To help get the board on to track again with hair topics..I just had to post my findings of experimenting this week. I posted a few days ago about having a bottle of Placenta spray and since getting onto the Aveda line, I haven't used anything else til day before yesterday. I washed my hair as usual... then when I got done, I sprayed the Placenta spray on my hair. I have stated before since starting to use Aveda that I do not get the "itchies" of the scalp or build up anymore. Well.. the very next day after using the Placenta spray, lo and behold, my scalp started to itch. I haven't had this happen for over a couple of months. I had almost forgotten how it felt.. ick. Back to my Aveda and nothing else.. Has anyone else who switched to Aveda noticed the build up symptoms disappeared? I constantly switched around because of this very symptom. Itchy scalp, hair limp.. maybe those who wash their hair everyday do not have this as much, but with dry hair, I only wash mine every 3 days. So, I have time to notice these symptoms. Aveda maybe expensive..but I have to say it works.. Cher
Jen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:35am
>Cher, I have to say that I haven't REALLY given Aveda a chance. I bought the intensive conditioner a few months ago (I'm addicted to conditioner!) but really don't like the smell. To me, it's like really strong men's cologne! I've also smelled the Shampure at the Aveda store because I've read how great it smells, and I can't stand it, either! Which products have you used and have you noticed any strong smells? Maybe I have a super-sensitive nose! :-) Jen
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:35am
I use the Shampure and the Curessence. I like the smell myself.. it's different..not your normal perfumey smell of shampoo. I love what it does for my hair. I guess, this is just a case of to each his own! Cher>
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:36am
>Cher, I have to say that I haven't REALLY given Aveda a>chance. I bought the intensive conditioner a few months ago>(I'm addicted to conditioner!) but really don't like the>smell. To me, it's like really strong men's cologne! I've>also smelled the Shampure at the Aveda store because I've>read how great it smells, and I can't stand it, either!>Which products have you used and have you noticed any>strong smells? Maybe I have a super-sensitive nose! :-)All the Aveda products are fairly strongly scented. However not all of them have the slightly masculine PureFume scent that I think is what bugs you. There are times that I can't stand it either. You might want to try some of the earlier products like the color shampoos (the original ones, not the custom mixed) and the Cherry Almond Bark conditioner. They tend to have sweeter scents.-jj
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:36am
Okay, my thoughts on scents (and on tangles, per another thread of discussion) as it relates to Aveda's Shampure and Cherry Almond Bark...Until about a month ago, I had been using System Biolage nearly all the time, for about four years. I liked it well enough, but since Karen and others spoke so highly of Aveda... I had to try it.My first impression was that Shampure does have a very strong scent, sort of like pine. Anyway, after shampooing, only a fraction of the scent seems to remain, which I like -- to me, my hair smells the way it "should." The Biolage had very little fragrance, so my hair would seems to get dirty faster... maybe the scent of the Shampure repels (or masks) the dirt that's picked up. Anyway, I appreciate the Shampure in this respect.There are two other benefits I noticed when I started to use Shampure and Cherry Bark. (1) As it dried, my hair tended to get a lot less tangled than it did with Biolage or anything else. (2) My hair seems to have more volume with the Aveda products than with any other products I have ever used.I feel like I am still evaluating the Aveda products on other criteria... no other definitive conclusions yet.Dave
David M Squires
Jen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:36am
Thanks, Dave! As soon as I run out of my current obsession, The Body Shop bannana shampoo and conditioner, I promise to give Aveda an honest shot!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic