Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSebastian Hair Care

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Marsha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marsha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sebastian Hair Care
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:38am
I have discovered a wonderful conditioner for curly, fine, but thick hair which tends to frizz....Sebastian Laminates conditioner. I bought a small bottle inSwitzerland knowing very well that it cost less in the states, but I was dying to try it because the stylists recommended it so highly. I absolutely loved it. Now, I believe that I have found a hair care regimen that is unbeatable for me. I use basically any shampoo (I haven't found my preference yet, but as for clarifying I like Neutrogena), Sebastian Laminates conditoner, Aveda Anti-Humectant Pomade to smooth out my ponytail, then apply Pantene Pro-V Mousse, and Aveda Flax Seed/Aloe Gel. My hair has never looked better. I made really decide to stick to my guns about letting my curly hair go natural and not doing any heat styling to starighten it.I am aware that the Laminates conditioner has silicones in it, but how damaging are they?I am also going to try Ouidad products because her name comes up everywhere I go. I'll keep everyone posted on my results, but for now I am quite pleased.Marsha :-)
Marsha
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:38am
> I am aware that the Laminates conditioner> has silicones in it, but how damaging are they?I think it really depends on your particular hair. My concern with silicons is that they repel moisture. Thus for people who's hair frizzes in high humidity this greatly reduces the frizz. But if your hair is very dry (low in moisture, regardless of oiliness) then the silicons are repelling moisture that your hair needs to stay strong and resilient. However some people see more damage from trying to comb through very tangled, "grabby" hair or from using a lot of more damaging styling products and I can see for them how using silicon conditioners and elixers could really help. Beware though that probably the biggest worry about using high silicon products is that since they smooth out your hair and make it more managable, that they hide damage.Silicons don't seem to work well for me... in the short run they make it a lot more managable and easier to comb and of course straighter. But over the long run my hair is in much better condition when I don't use them. It's softer and over time it gets easier to comb out and it suffers less breakage. One of the test for me is that unlike most people my hair does not frizz in high humidity, it frizzes when it's very dry. In high humidity or light rain it softens and forms loose curls... this makes me think that my hair really is thirsty for all the moisture it can get, so I don't use silicons. But that's just my hair...-jj
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic