Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNeed Advice. Thinking Of Cutting My Hair.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Advice. Thinking Of Cutting My Hair.
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:44am
I'm thinking about cutting my hair. I've been growing it out for almost a year now and it's past my shoulder. But im scared to cut it because I think I will look like a boy. But what I really want to know is do men find short hair attractive? And is short hair in for "98"? Thanx M
M
Tommi View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:44am
>> I'm thinking about cutting my hair. I've> been growing it out for almost a year now and> it's past my shoulder. But im scared to cut it> because I think I will look like a boy. But what> I really want to know is do men find short hair> attractive? And is short hair in for "98"?> Thanx M Hello, don't cut your hair. My hair reaches to my buttocks and it's fantastic. I want to grow it longer. Let grow your hair longer and you will like it. Tommi
Kira View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:44am
If you have any doubts, do not cut your hair. If you want to go short do it if and when you really feel comfortable with it. I have a freind who has really short hair and looks gorgeous. When she grew her hair long it took away from her style and self confidence. As soon as she cut her hair her comfort and ease returned. I never felt comfortable with short hair. I am envious of Tommi and her long hair and am looking forward to having butt long hair in a couple of years.Will you look like a boy? Probably not. However, I do think that you need to wear more makeup and be more "put together" with short hair.Stop torturing yourself. You will know when and if you really do want to go short. Those doubts won't be torturing you. If I were you I would just keep on growing.When I get discouraged I head over to the hair accessory aisle. I don't know if that will help you, but it does help me.
Ray View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:44am
M as a guy I can say that I find lots of girls with very short hair very sexy. I am not just a short hair nut because I also like really long hair like tommi's providing it is thick & healthy. the main thing if you do get a shortcut is to check out plenty of photos & see if you think it wou;d suit you.Also find a stylist who will cut it short but still feminine. Don't be like so many ladies who have long hair just for the sake of having long hair,I would much rather see a lady with a well cut short style then one with a non-descript mid length style any time, Good Luck with your choice.Ray.
John R View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:44am
>> I'm thinking about cutting my hair. I've> been growing it out for almost a year now and> it's past my shoulder. But im scared to cut it> because I think I will look like a boy. But what> I really want to know is do men find short hair> attractive? And is short hair in for "98"?> Thanx MDear MMy love of long hair says to me don't cut it. At shoulder length there is a lot you can do to keep it out of your way if it is bugging you. You can get some ideas about how you will look, and what the men in your life will think, by slicking your hair back with gel and capturing the length in a bun. Take a good look at yourself and see if you face shape, eyes, etc. match your expectation of looking like a women with short hair. I have seen lots of women with short hair, and they can look truly stunning if the haircut is right for their features and lifestyle. I have always been reluctanct to cut a lady's hair short unless she was committed to the new look and ready to accept the reaction. One thing you could try is go shorter, such as a layered cut or a chin-length bob to begin the process. Look for women with haircuts that match the length you are thinking about and talk with them. Personally, I think very short hair on women is becoming more acceptable, but I think each person should decide what is best for them without worrying too much about what others think. Best of luck as you weigh your options. John R
Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:44am
>> I'm thinking about cutting my hair. I've> been growing it out for almost a year now and> it's past my shoulder. But im scared to cut it> because I think I will look like a boy. But what> I really want to know is do men find short hair> attractive? And is short hair in for "98"?> Thanx MDear M,Hi. My advice to you would be, cut your hair if you want to cut it, not because certain men would find it attractive or unattractive. If it is important to you to keep up with the trends, and it would not bother you to cut your hair in a short style based soley upon what is "in" for this year, then go for it. Ultimately, it is up to you to figure out what style you are comfortable with; how you would like to wear your own hair; what makes you happy and what makes you feel good, regardless of others' opinions. Hope this helps!Lisa :-)
Kay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:44am
M, me personally I like both hairstyles on women - being one myself. I just started to grow out my hair again. For cutting your hair: if you feel uncomfortable with the idea of a short cut then don't do it. Why would you want to cut it? There are some feminine short styles around on the web, but as long as none of the styles really jumps in your face and you know exactly that this is what you want I would say stay long. What about trying something different with your long hair instead? Colour enhancing (some product add a nice shine to your hair). Or some new hair accessoires? Layers (if they suit you and your hair type)?Kay
Dear M View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dear M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:44am
>> I'm thinking about cutting my hair. I've> been growing it out for almost a year now and> it's past my shoulder. But im scared to cut it> because I think I will look like a boy. But what> I really want to know is do men find short hair> attractive? And is short hair in for "98"?> Thanx MDear Maria,You'd look wonderful in very short hair!
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:44am
> I'm thinking about cutting my hair. I've> been growing it out for almost a year now and> it's past my shoulder. But im scared to cut it> because I think I will look like a boy. But what> I really want to know is do men find short hair> attractive? And is short hair in for "98"?First off I don't think you should care what's "in" or what men find attractive... it's your hair isn't it? You're the one who looks at it in the mirror every day and you're the one who deals with styling it... so you should have your hair the way you want.That being said... if you really want to cut your hair then you should. There are lots of styles you can get that won't look like a boy and anyways, it can be cute to look boyish. However, you don't sound like you really WANT to cut your hair that bad... you sound more like maybe you're frustrated or bored with your hair as it is and you just want a change. In that case you should probably keep it long, but maybe try something new... some hair accessories or maybe go into your stylist and just ask her to set and style your hair some way new without cutting it. I think you should probably try working with your hair as it is for a while and maybe reconsider cutting your hair in a few months.-jennifer
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:44am
Hi M,I agree with Jennifer. It is your hair and you should wear it for you and not for anyone else. It is important to remember that you can't please everyone all the time. So just when you get your hair cut short because you think some men will like it, others will tell you how much they prefer longer hair.I still think you should wear your hair the best for you. This includes your lifestyle, your personality and even your face shape and hair texture.There are no "set rules" about how to wear your hair. I definitely think you should take your time and find the style that you truely love. After all...you have to live with it every day. :-)Best wishesKaren Shelton> First off I don't think you should care what's> "in" or what men find attractive...> it's your hair isn't it? You're the one who looks> at it in the mirror every day and you're the one> who deals with styling it... so you should have> your hair the way you want.> That being said... if you really want to> cut your hair then you should. There are lots> of styles you can get that won't look like a boy> and anyways, it can be cute to look boyish. However,> you don't sound like you really WANT to cut your> hair that bad... you sound more like maybe you're> frustrated or bored with your hair as it is and> you just want a change. In that case you should> probably keep it long, but maybe try something> new... some hair accessories or maybe go into> your stylist and just ask her to set and style> your hair some way new without cutting it. I think> you should probably try working with your hair> as it is for a while and maybe reconsider cutting> your hair in a few months.> -jennifer
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic