Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAnother Extension Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another Extension Question
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:51am
I had a bad experience with glue-in hair extensions several years ago, and I'm wondering how far the procedure has come since then.I've heard of the glue/wax type and the braid-in type (more popular for ethnic hair)--neither of which would work for me. But I've also heard of a new application method used by Hollywood hairstylist Monica Selanikio (sp?). Reportedly she attaches little clear, plastic cylinders at the roots of the hair and snaps the extensions into these. She did this for the stars ofr "Titanic" and "Man in the Iron Mask."Has anyone heard of this? It sounds gentler on the hair...Ally
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:51am
Hi Ally,I have been corresponding with a hair extension expert and she promised to do an interview for Hair Boutique. I have had some conversations with her and she does the type that you mention below that is NOT glue-in hair (which is the most potentially damaging for your hair).Demi Moore and even Cher has had hair extensions done the Hollywood way.I hope we can get her hair extension information soon so I can post it.Karen> I had a bad experience with glue-in hair> extensions several years ago, and I'm wondering> how far the procedure has come since then.> I've heard of the glue/wax type and the braid-in> type (more popular for ethnic hair)--neither of> which would work for me. But I've also heard of> a new application method used by Hollywood hairstylist> Monica Selanikio (sp?). Reportedly she attaches> little clear, plastic cylinders at the roots of> the hair and snaps the extensions into these.> She did this for the stars ofr "Titanic"> and "Man in the Iron Mask."> Has anyone heard of this? It sounds gentler> on the hair...> Ally
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic