Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMore info on Nature's Gate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More info on Nature's Gate
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:00am
Just some info I found out today doing some research on the Nature's Gate Company. I found out it is 25 years young and going strong. They are out of Chatsworth, California. You can call for a catalog for they also carry other products besides shampoo's and conditioners. Their number is 818-882-2951. I called for a catalog today so I can test some of their facial products. I cannot buy any of these in the stores..seems Virginia is behind in Nature's Gate. I am very impressed with the Herbal condtioner and want to test other hair products from them too. The stores here need to order also, so I figure I will check out a catalog and do my own ordering. I was told by the operator that a web site will soon be up and running for them. Cher
Julie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:01am
I purchased some of the Nature's Gate Rainwater conditioner yeterday and used it this morning. It worked great! I think it's wonderful to read about other people's experiences and recs on hair care products. I have a question, though. One of the ingredients listed is "vegetable emulsifying wax" or "emulsifying vegetable wax", I can't remember which. Is this type of wax bad for your hair?> Just some info I found out today doing some> research on the Nature's Gate Company. I found> out it is 25 years young and going strong. They> are out of Chatsworth, California. You can call> for a catalog for they also carry other products> besides shampoo's and conditioners. Their number> is 818-882-2951. I called for a catalog today> so I can test some of their facial products. I> cannot buy any of these in the stores..seems Virginia> is behind in Nature's Gate. I am very impressed> with the Herbal condtioner and want to test other> hair products from them too. The stores here need> to order also, so I figure I will check out a> catalog and do my own ordering. I was told by> the operator that a web site will soon be up and> running for them. Cher
Clare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:01am
I have used alot of Nature's gate products, such as the rainwater herbal shampoo, rosemary conditioner, tea tree shampoo and conditioner, and the herbal, which I can also buy in bulk at my local food coop. When its on sale, which it often is, I can purchase 16 oz for $2.50 to $3. Its a good deal. I also use Nature's gate toothpaste,which I like a lot. It doesn't have all of the unwanted ingredients (well, to me) that are present in the more commercial brands.> Just some info I found out today doing some> research on the Nature's Gate Company. I found> out it is 25 years young and going strong. They> are out of Chatsworth, California. You can call> for a catalog for they also carry other products> besides shampoo's and conditioners. Their number> is 818-882-2951. I called for a catalog today> so I can test some of their facial products. I> cannot buy any of these in the stores..seems Virginia> is behind in Nature's Gate. I am very impressed> with the Herbal condtioner and want to test other> hair products from them too. The stores here need> to order also, so I figure I will check out a> catalog and do my own ordering. I was told by> the operator that a web site will soon be up and> running for them. Cher
Clare
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:01am
I had asked Karen the same thing.. she is suppose to try to find out if she can, some info on wax. I asked the company about it and they said it is not harmful or will it accumulate on your hair. Anyone else with info on wax in hair products? I know Aussie advertises on their bottles that they contain no wax. I am looking forward to trying all the Nature's Gate products.. thanks for your feedback.. Cher> I purchased some of the Nature's Gate Rainwater> conditioner yeterday and used it this morning.> It worked great! I think it's wonderful to read> about other people's experiences and recs on hair> care products. I have a question, though. One> of the ingredients listed is "vegetable emulsifying> wax" or "emulsifying vegetable wax",> I can't remember which. Is this type of wax bad> for your hair?
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:01am
Thanks for the feedback on Nature's Gate. So far, I have not heard of anyone having a bad experience with Nature's Gate. I am looking forward to testing out the various varieties.. which shampoo/conditioner do you prefer? I love the smell of the herbal conditioner and just like Dawn has mentioned, the smell lasts and lasts. Dawn..by the way, for how long have you been using Nature's Gate? Do you occasionally switch to another brand or has it been Nature's Gate continually? Cher> I have used alot of Nature's gate products,> such as the rainwater herbal shampoo, rosemary> conditioner, tea tree shampoo and conditioner,> and the herbal, which I can also buy in bulk at> my local food coop. When its on sale, which it> often is, I can purchase 16 oz for $2.50 to $3.> Its a good deal. I also use Nature's gate toothpaste,which> I like a lot. It doesn't have all of the unwanted> ingredients (well, to me) that are present in> the more commercial brands.
Dawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:01am
You know Cher, I hadn't really thought about it till you asked but its has to have been about 8 or 10 years now I think! I used to use Mill Creek for a time and I've been using various health food store kinds of shampoos for about 18 plus years now, though I can't remember the brands, aloe stuff and biotin and keratin shampoos mostly. A couple years ago I tried a pricey shampoo from some network marketing company that a friend was into and I was supposed to be her test subject but I hated it, it really dried out my hair and made the ends feel icky. I tried Redken MANY years ago and hated that too. I've been tempted many, many times to try lots of things like Paul Mitchell, Pantene, Aussie and of course, Aveda but I'm a fanatical label reader and I won't use a product with dyes or silicones. I'm not too crazy about urea salts in my shampoo either which is why I haven't tried the awapahi (sp?) variety of Nature's Gate. No switching brands really, for years I just used the original herbal shampoo and conditioner with an occasional foray into the aloe, keratin or rainwater varieties of Nature's Gate but this summer I've been hooked on the jojoba. I haven't even deep conditioned my ends for about two or three weeks now and they still feel great. (I do however use two BIG handfuls of conditioner every time I shampoo.) I really abuse my hair in the summer and am glad my husband didn't like the jojoba I bought him to try and tame those course top hairs (what few he has left!) He went back to keratin, aloe and rainwater (he said the jojoba relaxed his curls too much and he likes the little ringlets) I took the jojoba and it worked out great! I'll probably go back to the original herbal this winter when my hair is under less stress. I'd also like to check out that Artec line Karen recently reviewed just to try it but I'll probably do my usual ingredients reading before I do.I'm so glad to hear my advice has been helpful to others. I know everyone's hair is quite different but the Nature's Gate is so inexpensive its easy to experiment or even use it as a sometimes alternative to other brands.Glad to see you're feeling better! Don't let those kids get to you, those are tough years but just be glad you're almost through them, my troubles are all ahead of me!!Very best wishes to all!Dawn
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Dawn.. what is urea salt? The Awahpui was one I was going to order.. can you elaborate? You can email me directly as I have a couple of things to chat with you about if you wouldn't mind.. I tried Artec last night..the smoothing and am very happy with the results. Another goodie added to my secret cabinet.. Thanks for all the info.. Cher>> You know Cher, I hadn't really thought about> it till you asked but its has to have been about> 8 or 10 years now I think! I used to use Mill> Creek for a time and I've been using various health> food store kinds of shampoos for about 18 plus> years now, though I can't remember the brands,> aloe stuff and biotin and keratin shampoos mostly.> A couple years ago I tried a pricey shampoo from> some network marketing company that a friend was> into and I was supposed to be her test subject> but I hated it, it really dried out my hair and> made the ends feel icky. I tried Redken MANY years> ago and hated that too. I've been tempted many,> many times to try lots of things like Paul Mitchell,> Pantene, Aussie and of course, Aveda but I'm a> fanatical label reader and I won't use a product> with dyes or silicones. I'm not too crazy about> urea salts in my shampoo either which is why I> haven't tried the awapahi (sp?) variety of Nature's> Gate. No switching brands really, for years I> just used the original herbal shampoo and conditioner> with an occasional foray into the aloe, keratin> or rainwater varieties of Nature's Gate but this> summer I've been hooked on the jojoba. I haven't> even deep conditioned my ends for about two or> three weeks now and they still feel great. (I> do however use two BIG handfuls of conditioner> every time I shampoo.) I really abuse my hair> in the summer and am glad my husband didn't like> the jojoba I bought him to try and tame those> course top hairs (what few he has left!) He went> back to keratin, aloe and rainwater (he said the> jojoba relaxed his curls too much and he likes> the little ringlets) I took the jojoba and it> worked out great! I'll probably go back to the> original herbal this winter when my hair is under> less stress. I'd also like to check out that Artec> line Karen recently reviewed just to try it but> I'll probably do my usual ingredients reading> before I do.> I'm so glad to hear my advice has been helpful> to others. I know everyone's hair is quite different> but the Nature's Gate is so inexpensive its easy> to experiment or even use it as a sometimes alternative> to other brands.> Glad to see you're feeling better! Don't> let those kids get to you, those are tough years> but just be glad you're almost through them, my> troubles are all ahead of me!!> Very best wishes to all!> Dawn
Clare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:02am
You wouldn't believe how many different bottles of shampoo/conditioner I have around. It looks kind of fanatical. But, anyway, I alternate between Aveda (shampure, black malva, blue malva, cherry almond bark), some Paul Mitchell (Tea Tree shampoo), and Nature's gate (Rainwater condtioner and rosemary shampoo, also tea tree shampoo and conditoner, currently). I am thinking about buying some Aveda Rosemary/mint conditioner because I have had good results with it and its one of the lower priced Aveda conditioners. Oh, I also use a small amount of Aveda Elixir as leave in after every shampoo and condition. (PS. I forgot, I use some Aubrey Organics as well.)> Thanks for the feedback on Nature's Gate.> So far, I have not heard of anyone having a bad> experience with Nature's Gate. I am looking forward> to testing out the various varieties.. which shampoo/conditioner> do you prefer? I love the smell of the herbal> conditioner and just like Dawn has mentioned,> the smell lasts and lasts. Dawn..by the way, for> how long have you been using Nature's Gate? Do> you occasionally switch to another brand or has> it been Nature's Gate continually? Cher
Clare
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:03am
I received my "catalog" from Nature's Gate today and it wasn't a catalog at all.. just a bunch of copied pages..and found out it is just as cheap to buy the shampoo/conditioners in the store.. It did give some info on other stuff available..like lotions, deodorants, etc.. but did't find the copied pages appealing. So..if you have ordered a "catalog" ..you maybe disappointed like I was.. I am going to go in search of Nature's Gate in farther out places in the DC metro area and see if any healthfood stores carry more of a variety. Cher~> Just some info I found out today doing some> research on the Nature's Gate Company. I found> out it is 25 years young and going strong. They> are out of Chatsworth, California. You can call> for a catalog for they also carry other products> besides shampoo's and conditioners. Their number> is 818-882-2951. I called for a catalog today> so I can test some of their facial products. I> cannot buy any of these in the stores..seems Virginia> is behind in Nature's Gate. I am very impressed> with the Herbal condtioner and want to test other> hair products from them too. The stores here need> to order also, so I figure I will check out a> catalog and do my own ordering. I was told by> the operator that a web site will soon be up and> running for them. Cher
Clare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:03am
Cher,Do you have a food coop in your area?? If so, it may be a good source. I know the food coops in Michigan carry a wide variety of Nature's Gate.> I received my "catalog" from Nature's> Gate today and it wasn't a catalog at all.. just> a bunch of copied pages..and found out it is just> as cheap to buy the shampoo/conditioners in the> store.. It did give some info on other stuff available..like> lotions, deodorants, etc.. but did't find the> copied pages appealing. So..if you have ordered> a "catalog" ..you maybe disappointed> like I was.. I am going to go in search of Nature's> Gate in farther out places in the DC metro area> and see if any healthfood stores carry more of> a variety. Cher~
Clare
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:04am
No.. I don't think so. But the bottles are under 6 bucks and to me.. that's a good buy! The herbal makes my hair so soft. Cher> Cher,> Do you have a food coop in your area?? If> so, it may be a good source. I know the food coops> in Michigan carry a wide variety of Nature's Gate.>
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic