Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedto: Jade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Diane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: to: Jade
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:02am
How long is your hair and what color is it?I know where Guelph is. Nice area. How long was your greatmother's hair? Did both your grandmother and your great grandmother strongly believe in long hair ? Do you feel that you gained that passion from them?I gained that passion from my great grandmother. She really loved her hair and take time brusing it etc. I remember seeing all that and I was interested in seeing what she was doing.
jade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:03am
> How long is your hair and what color is it?> My hair is a few inches above my waist. In the winter of 1997, I cut it to shoulder length because of bad split ends. After switching to some great hair care products, I have been rid of bad hair days. At this point, I am just letting it grow to its "heart's content." My hair is dark brown with some reddish highlights, but mostly a dark mane which I like.> I know where Guelph is. Nice area. How long> was your greatmother's hair? Did both your grandmother> and your great grandmother strongly believe in> long hair ? Do you feel that you gained that passion> from them? My great grandmother's hair was just below her derriere. She could sit on it with a bit of hair to spare:) I know that she was very proud of her hair and cared for it greatly. My mom said that when she was a little girl that she and my great grandmother would sit in her room, talk, and my mom would brush her hair. My mom loved to do this as a little girl. My mom told me about the beautiful brushes and comb sets which my great grandfather had given to her. I think he must have adored her mane. He certainly loved her dearly. Her hair was jet black.I'm not so sure whether my grandmother had a passion for hair, but I would tend to doubt it. Her hair was long until she married. I think she thought of her hair as just being there. Her hair was strangely enough platinum blond and it was very fine, but she had plenty of it. I think my grandmother was much more in the school of letting a woman make the choice of hair length. But, I think she was more passionate about long hair before she married. One of her sisters, my great aunt, had gorgeous, thick, silky, black hair like my great grandmother. She told me all about Aunt Isabelle's beautiful hair. I often wondered whether she somehow felt cheated because she didn't get dark hair:)> I gained that passion from my great grandmother.> She really loved her hair and take time brusing> it etc. I remember seeing all that and I was interested> in seeing what she was doing. I think I must have gotten it from my great grandmother, as well. I also think that the stories from my mom and grandmother influenced me, too. My hair never got past my shoulders until I was around 17, so I was very happy to see the growth. My mom never wore her hair past her shoulders, but she always encouraged me to let mine grow and to take care of it. She was also the only person I ever trusted to trim my ends. She never took more than necessary. It's funny because many of the home remedies for hair care like eggs, beer, avocado and honey were passed down to me from them.Hope to see your posts in the future...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic