Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNature's Gate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nature's Gate
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:05am
Hi all,As if I don't need MORE hair care products to try...I decided to take Cher and Dawn's recommendation and buy some Nature's Gate at the health food store. There was only one problem...there were so many to choose from. I finally decided to buy the Chamomile shampoo and matching conditioner. I decided that the description on the bottles matched my hair the best of all the different options.I am curious.....Dawn & Cher...what are you using? Chamomile or one of the other forumulas? Do you use the shampoo & the conditioner or do you mix and match with Aveda or other products?It never occurred to me that there would be so many different ones to choose from. Actually this health food store in Dallas (Whole Foods) is huge and they have a huge beauty section. So I guess I should have known better. DAH! :-)Karen
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:05am
I have used only the herbal which I am totally in love with. The shampoo is alittle masculine smelling but the conditioner is what won me over. It makes my hair like satin. I have the Jojoba shampoo/conditioner on order because of what Dawn said about it.. and yes, they do have alot to choose from! I am kind of stuck on the herbal at present. The smell is much better than Aveda's..and what I like about it is that it lingers..for a few days even.. I use the matching shampoo/conditioner together.. I smiled when you said you are trying out yet another line.. Karen you are something else!! ;-) I would love to see your shower stall.. must be like a treasure trove.. Cher> Hi all,> As if I don't need MORE hair care products> to try...I decided to take Cher and Dawn's recommendation> and buy some Nature's Gate at the health food> store. There was only one problem...there were> so many to choose from. I finally decided to buy> the Chamomile shampoo and matching conditioner.> I decided that the description on the bottles> matched my hair the best of all the different> options.> I am curious.....Dawn & Cher...what are> you using? Chamomile or one of the other forumulas?> Do you use the shampoo & the conditioner or> do you mix and match with Aveda or other products?>> It never occurred to me that there would> be so many different ones to choose from. Actually> this health food store in Dallas (Whole Foods)> is huge and they have a huge beauty section. So> I guess I should have known better. DAH! :-)> Karen>
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:05am
Hi Cher,Thanks for the info on Nature's Gate. I am going to go get some herbal.Yes..you should see my shower. I have actually spilled over to the counters in the bathroom. Right now I have the following shampoo in the shower stall:Artec Smoothing Artec Volumizing Artec Kiwi Artec Lemon Flower Aveda Shampure Aveda Blue Malva Aveda Chamomile Hairobics Nature's Gate Chamomile Ouidad shampoo.There is hardly room for me in there. :-)I won't even begin to tell you the rest. I should take a photo and put it on the web of all the products I have at my house. :-) Actually that would be funny to see. :-)Thanks for the idea.Hope you are having a great day.Karen> I have used only the herbal which I am totally> in love with. The shampoo is alittle masculine> smelling but the conditioner is what won me over.> It makes my hair like satin. I have the Jojoba> shampoo/conditioner on order because of what Dawn> said about it.. and yes, they do have alot to> choose from! I am kind of stuck on the herbal> at present. The smell is much better than Aveda's..and> what I like about it is that it lingers..for a> few days even.. I use the matching shampoo/conditioner> together.. I smiled when you said you are trying> out yet another line.. Karen you are something> else!! ;-) I would love to see your shower stall..> must be like a treasure trove.. Cher
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
barbara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:05am
I tried the Chamomile and it is pretty good. I like the Rosemary mint too. Hope you like it. It certainly is a lot cheaper than Aveda although I love the Aveda too.Babs> Hi Cher,> Thanks for the info on Nature's Gate. I am> going to go get some herbal.> Yes..you should see my shower. I have actually> spilled over to the counters in the bathroom.> Right now I have the following shampoo in the> shower stall:> Artec Smoothing Artec Volumizing Artec Kiwi> Artec Lemon Flower Aveda Shampure Aveda Blue Malva> Aveda Chamomile Hairobics Nature's Gate Chamomile> Ouidad shampoo.> There is hardly room for me in there. :-)>> I won't even begin to tell you the rest.> I should take a photo and put it on the web of> all the products I have at my house. :-) Actually> that would be funny to see. :-)> Thanks for the idea.> Hope you are having a great day.> Karen
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:05am
Seems you could test Nature's Gate out for eons before you go through all the varieties! I am going to try out all the ones that appeal to me. I sniffed at the Rainwater henna and it smelled just like Jergen's hand lotion. So does Tresseme (sp?) I skipped that one because I am leary of henna in any form. Anyway.. I am hooked on the herbal. I love the smell of the conditioner. I used Aveda for 4 months and still think highly of it. It's just so expensive. The shampoo's are not.. just the conditioners..which I go through quite quickly. I still have quite a bit of Shampure left because I bought one of those really big bottles of it. I have no ill effects from Nature's Gate at all and I can slather it on and not feel guilty for being generous. The only question I have about Nature's Gate is the Veg. Wax listing.. I guess I should call Aussie back and ask what they have against wax in their products.. that would give us the answer on the wax issue. happy testing!.. NG is a big winner with me..it sits proudly next to my Aveda products in my cabinet.. ;-) As soon as I pull away for a bit.. I am going to test out the Kiwi line of Artec.. Cher> I tried the Chamomile and it is pretty good.> I like the Rosemary mint too. Hope you like it.> It certainly is a lot cheaper than Aveda although> I love the Aveda too.> Babs
Suzanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:06am
> Yes..you should see my shower. I have actually> spilled over to the counters in the bathroom.> Right now I have the following shampoo in the> shower stall:Karen - are you married?? My husband has a FIT over ALL my stuff........I've taken to hiding it in the closet and bring what I want out for my shower every day. He says - can't you have just one or 2? He counted 18 different bottles one day. They weren't all mine - some his, some the baby's. I wish we had his n hers showers!!Suzanne
Jennifer J View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:06am
> Yes..you should see my shower. I have actually> spilled over to the counters in the bathroom.> Right now I have the following shampoo in the> shower stall:> Artec Smoothing Artec Volumizing Artec Kiwi> Artec Lemon Flower Aveda Shampure Aveda Blue Malva> Aveda Chamomile Hairobics Nature's Gate Chamomile> Ouidad shampoo.> There is hardly room for me in there. :-)So Karen, do you do that thing where everytime you pull back the shower curtain 3 or 4 bottles go flying? :-)My hair does better when I use 2 or 3 different shampoos AND conditioners alternately... and then of course there's the soap and facial cleanser and shaving cream and bubble bath and sometime's my boyfriend's shampoo and conditoner... Jeez, I think I need a seperate shelf just for all the stuff.-jennifer j
Dawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:06am
WOW! Family obligations kept me away for a couple of days and I just logged on to find nearly 200 new messages!!! Hair Talk is hoppin'!Glad I caught this thread though. Karen you are truly an adventurer aren't you? I hope you like the NG products. They do have a really varied line. My family and I use the aloe, the rainwater herbal, keratin and my long time favorite is the original herbal. This summer I've used a whole lot of the jojoba and have found it to be super for controlling the summer stickies that I tend to get on my ends what with sun, sand and sweat wear and tear on them. My husband prefers the aloe and keratin, he says the jojoba makes his ringlets too loose and limp. My hair is straight as a pin though so I love it. I want that Chamomile!! I'll have to look harder to find that around town, it would be perfect for my hair.Hope you enjoy your NG experience! As Cher has mentioned, its inexpensive enough to do lots of guilt-free experimenting and you never feel bad about really slathering on that conditioner. I find I go through approximately two bottles of conditioner for every bottle of shampoo, not quite, but close.I'm going to drive myself crazy trying to read every thread these days! Hair Talk is really becoming the mecca of hair enthusiasts worldwide. Its so much fun to see and be a part of that!Very best wishes to everyone!Dawn
Laura Jane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laura Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:07am
My husband never gives me a hard time about all my bottles. If he did, I would remind him that this was all his idea, and that he is the one who cares so much about my hair - more than I do, definitely! It definitely keeps him from complaining.I also occasionally wish for his n hers showers, because, like Karen, I am starting to spill over onto the counter. Right now, I have 5 different kinds of shampoo for myself, and 7 conditioners, and my husband has 2 shampoos and a conditioner, and then there's the liquid soap...Our bathroom is not large, either, and the counter was pretty full before I started piling hair stuff on it!Do those hanging shower caddies really help?Laura Jane lswanson@sunflower.bio.indiana.edu
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic