Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI am Concerned

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Steve View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I am Concerned
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:08am
Just a quick question.Beautiful Long Hair is incredible, and looks gourgeous on women who take care of it.As a man who is married to a beautiful long haired woman I can honestly say that most men are turned on with the long hair aspect of a lady.Heres my question: Why if long hair is adored and revered by women and men are there not more web sites devoted to this wonderful feature. When I have cruised the web all I see is balding, cropping, shaving, ponytail cutting etc. . . And the most concerning part of this to me is the defeminization, degenderizing efforts put into these other web sites. The innuendo of sexual fantasy being the scale tipper for women being balded or otherwise makes me sick. I cannot believe for a moment that any woman would want to be forced into a haircut where she loses her feminine looks by some sick dude with a clipper - and that she gets off on it. But the number of web sites devoted to this theme and and concept numbers 100 to every 1 long hair site.I for one am thinking of starting up a long hair site of taste and quality just to stem the tide of sick perverse defeminization sites. I don't want to publish pics of half naked women or call it babes site or anything like that. I just want to show visually appealing long hair styles and updos etc. . . for the people who appreciate the all encompassing beauty of long hair and its tremendous advantages as a womans crowning glory. ( and mans )Sorry - I ramble - but I'm sick of a perverse and disgusting internet bent on trashing women as objects of perversion and crucifying their looks for some sexual thrill.Enough said.I love this site because its quality with quantity and does not touch on the sickness that runs rampant on the net.Keep up the awesome and time consuming work.Steve
Tiara View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:08am
> I for one am thinking of starting up a long> hair site of taste and quality just to stem the> tide of sick perverse defeminization sites.Go for it! I just cut my hair (groan), and need some inspiration to grow it back. I totally agree- there are some real NUTS out there, and I'm REALLY sick of all those head shaving sites. I'm single, but I'm scared to death to talk to guys on the net because some of them are so messed up! Right after I got my hair cut, I made a post on another site asking about the email address for a charity that accepts donations of long hair to make wigs for kids with long term hair loss, and I got some sick email from people wanting to buy my hair and shave my head and goodness knows what else! What is WRONG with these people?
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:08am
Thank you for your wonderful words. They meant a lot.May I suggest that you browse our links section. You will find many of the best web sites for long or longer hair around. Frank (TLHS) and Dave T (TILHS) are just two men that provide high quality, beautiful long hair sites. Actually I could send you a list of probably 25 hair sites that have taste and high quality. A lot of them are very small and don't have the money or time to promote themselves. So they are harder to find.Salon Web does not have long hair per se, but the photos that Mike includes on his site are very tasteful. Tommy at Hairdos.com also loves to show women in the most beautiful way. He started his site because he loves beautiful hair and he wanted to do a high class job (which he has)Mickhael at WW Beauty is very loving and supportive of long hair, all hair actually, and his site is classy and informative.I could go on and on. So I understand your feelings about the hair cutting...but please know that there are literally tons of well done and classy sites that honor women and there hair and a lot focus on long hair.You will find a lot of the best sites in our Links section.Thanks again for your compliments. It is always so nice to hear.My best to your lovely wife.Best wishes,Karen Shelton> Just a quick question.> Beautiful Long Hair is incredible, and looks> gourgeous on women who take care of it.> As a man who is married to a beautiful long> haired woman I can honestly say that most men> are turned on with the long hair aspect of a lady.>> Heres my question: Why if long hair is adored> and revered by women and men are there not more> web sites devoted to this wonderful feature. When> I have cruised the web all I see is balding, cropping,> shaving, ponytail cutting etc. . . And the most> concerning part of this to me is the defeminization,> degenderizing efforts put into these other web> sites. The innuendo of sexual fantasy being the> scale tipper for women being balded or otherwise> makes me sick. I cannot believe for a moment that> any woman would want to be forced into a haircut> where she loses her feminine looks by some sick> dude with a clipper - and that she gets off on> it. But the number of web sites devoted to this> theme and and concept numbers 100 to every 1 long> hair site.> I for one am thinking of starting up a long> hair site of taste and quality just to stem the> tide of sick perverse defeminization sites. I> don't want to publish pics of half naked women> or call it babes site or anything like that. I> just want to show visually appealing long hair> styles and updos etc. . . for the people who appreciate> the all encompassing beauty of long hair and its> tremendous advantages as a womans crowning glory.> ( and mans )> Sorry - I ramble - but I'm sick of a perverse> and disgusting internet bent on trashing women> as objects of perversion and crucifying their> looks for some sexual thrill.> Enough said.> I love this site because its quality with> quantity and does not touch on the sickness that> runs rampant on the net.> Keep up the awesome and time consuming work.>> Steve
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:09am
Steve,> Beautiful Long Hair is incredible, and looks gourgeous on women who take> care of it.Amen!> As a man who is married to a beautiful long haired woman...You are a fortunate man, my friend.> ... I can honestly say that most men are turned on with the long hair> aspect of a lady.Long hair on a woman is very visually appealing.> Heres my question: Why if long hair is adored and revered by women and men> are there not more web sites devoted to this wonderful feature.Good question. Maybe it's because those that do it (Karen, Frank, Dave T, etc), do it so well that it would be difficult to do as well?> When I have cruised the web all I see is balding, cropping, shaving, ponytail> cutting etc. . .Hell is not a pleasant place. My life is not enriched by hurting myself or others, or seeing other people bent on hurting others.> And the most concerning part of this to me is the defeminization, degenderizing> efforts put into these other web sites.Defeminizing, they are indeed. But that's not the worst of it. How about victimization, disfiguration (hair IS a physical thing), disempowerment? They are champions of these forms of incivility.> The innuendo of sexual fantasy being the scale tipper for women being balded> or otherwise makes me sick. I cannot believe for a moment that any woman would> want to be forced into a haircut where she loses her feminine looks by some sick> dude with a clipper - and that she gets off on it.I think it's the "sick dudes" who are getting off on it far more than their victims. The actions of the "sick dudes" are predatory, because once the woman has been robbed of her hair (and there's nothing left to cut), these "sick dudes" immediately seek out new victims. Very unbecoming behavior, IMHO.> I for one am thinking of starting up a long hair site of taste and quality...Good luck! I wish you well. Karen is quite correct that there are a number of very good sites in existence, many of which feature long hair. Check them out. Perhaps these will help heal your soul.> I love this site because its quality with quantity...I agree. It is a great site! Very well done and classy.Take care,Dave
David M Squires
gigi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gigi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:09am
Hi Steve, I love long hair too and am trying to grow mine out this very minute. However, just as you can't judge a book by its cover, you can't just a woman's femininity by her hair- or lack of it. The days are long past when a woman was ridiculed for cutting her hair. In the twenties it was a sign of freedom and self-determination for a woman to cut her hair in a short bob. And personally, I thought Demi Moore in GI Jane was one very cool, very buff chick. I know you are going to find this hard to believe, but sometimes, just sometimes, what we do with our hair is not about appealing to men. Its about appealing to ourselves. I don't know why other peoples hair seems to arouse such vehemence in some, but I think we all need to just relax. Beautiful women come in many different shapes, and sizes and I think we all are about much more than our hair.
Jennifer J View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:11am
> Beautiful Long Hair is incredible, and looks> gourgeous on women who take care of it.Yup, I'll agree with you there.> Heres my question: Why if long hair is adored> and revered by women and men are there not more> web sites devoted to this wonderful feature.Because you haven't put one up yet! :-)I think part of the problem is that there is a lot of net harrassment and such going around. When I post to the TLHS guestbook now I don't use my e-mail address because of the number of unpleasant responses I recieve. Since many (not all) longer haired women tend to be somewhat more shy and cautious I think they probably don't want to recieve nasty e-mail.> When I have cruised the web all I see is balding,> cropping, shaving, ponytail cutting etc. . . And the most> concerning part of this to me is the defeminization,> degenderizing efforts put into these other web> sites. The innuendo of sexual fantasy being the> scale tipper for women being balded or otherwise> makes me sick. I cannot believe for a moment that> any woman would want to be forced into a haircut> where she loses her feminine looks by some sick> dude with a clipper - and that she gets off on> it.OK... I'm going to address this as I have before on this board. Currently I'm working on growing my hair long it's about shoulder length now after a set-back with a bad cut about 6 months ago... but very healthy. My goal is waist length. When I was in college I had my head shaved for a while. And you know what... I liked it, it wasn't unfeminine, I have a pretty face and it looked nice on me. I didn't do it for any sick sexual reasons, just as I'm not growing my hair out for sexual reasons. I was just really busy and tired of dealing with my hair problems so I shaved it. It's not the most horrible thing in the world. After a couple of months I decided to grow it out for two main reasons: 1. I had just moved to the rockies after growing up in southern california and I was COLD! and 2. I couldn't really do much with it... it got boring because there weren't any other styles I could wear it in. I guess I'm just trying to say that I don't think being bald is necessarially unfeminine... like any other hair style it depends on the attitude and features of the woman who wears it. A lot of ladies can't carry it off and most women don't even want to try... that's great.OTOH, I understand your point that most of the internet sites devoted to the subject have an inappropriate focus. I'm just offering my opinion that it doesn't have to be that way.> Sorry - I ramble - but I'm sick of a perverse> and disgusting internet bent on trashing women> as objects of perversion and crucifying their> looks for some sexual thrill.Well yeah... I see that all over the internet. I work for a company that provides internet content for children and I really see a lot of inappropriate and offensive stuff out there. I encourage you and everyone who wants to do some part to push back the darkness. :-)-jj
gigi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gigi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:11am
Hi Jennifer. Do you really get nasty e-mails from TLHS? I can't imagine what goes through people's heads sometimes. Obviously not much. I always use my e-mail address. I guess I should be more cautious.
Steve View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:12am
Hi JJ, I have to apologize for one comment that seems to have everyone upset. I LOVE LONG AND SHORT HAIR. I in no way intended to say that short hair or bald for that matter is unfeminine. What I meant is that so many sites are devoted to robbing women of something in an effort to defemininize them (be it hair or other).I had stated in an earlier post that my wife is so gourgeous she could be bald and look beautiful. I stick to that comment as there are women out there that are incredibly beautiful bald or not (Demi Moore is one).I am just reacting to the constant crap that is put on the net, and am going bananas trying to find the worthy sites amidst the perverse flow of garbage.I am sorry and in no way meant to state that short hair is unfeminine.Forgive me?Steve
gigi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gigi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:12am
Oh, alRIGHT you're forgiven. : )
Steve View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:15am
Thank you, thank you, thank you.8-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic