Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedbleaching

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Megan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bleaching
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:08am
I'm thinking of bleaching my hair and I was wondering how do you do it. Do you put water in your hair and then put bleach on it or do you just put bleach on it without water? Thanks.
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:09am
Try the going blonde homepage...It's on the links page on this site. Be sure to do twice a week deep conditioning treatments afterwards.Jennifer> I'm thinking of bleaching my hair and I was> wondering how do you do it. Do you put water in> your hair and then put bleach on it or do you> just put bleach on it without water? Thanks.
Jennifer J View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:11am
> I'm thinking of bleaching my hair and I was> wondering how do you do it. Do you put water in> your hair and then put bleach on it or do you> just put bleach on it without water? Thanks.Umm... I hope you're not thinking about using laundry bleach (like clorox) on your hair. That would be very bad, you'd probably end up with ulcerations on your scalp and it wouldn't lighten your hair.There are products specifically availible to lighten hair. They consist of a "developer" which is a strong peroxide solution and a "toner" which activates the peroxide and adds color to your hair (so that it comes out some shade of blonde rather than a weird yellow-orange). Your best bet would be to go to a salon where they know how to use these chemicals.Good luck.-jj
Molly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Molly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:14am
> I'm thinking of bleaching my hair and I was> wondering how do you do it. Do you put water in> your hair and then put bleach on it or do you> just put bleach on it without water? Thanks.You should NOT use bleach. I was completly desperate once, and my mom refused to let me buy a hair lightener, so, I decided to just use bleach. VERY bad idea. Not only is it awful while you're doing it...but, it ruined my hair for months. It was SO dry. Try Blondissima...it's still pretty bad for your hair, but, not as bad as bleach.Love, Molly
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic