Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHotel Water

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hotel Water
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:09am
Somebody please tell me I'm not crazy...I took a four-day business trip to Atlanta last week. The first night, as soon as I showered at the hotel, my hair assumed the consistency of straw. It was dry, tangled, rough, and limp.I tried everything to revive it: deep conditioning, protein packs, a special leave-in treatment I picked up at a salon. Nothing would fix it. By the time I got home, I was beside myself and ready to go have it all cut off.But when I washed my hair at my house, it was miraculously silky and healthy-feeling again! I haven't had any recurrence. I believe it was the water at the Hilton that caused the problem. But when I mentioned this to my co-worker, she told me I was nuts--that bad water can only affect your hair over a long period of time.Anyone?Ally
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:10am
Not true.. I also have seen an immediate response to different water.. so you are not crazy.. believe me! Cher> Somebody please tell me I'm not crazy...>> I took a four-day business trip to Atlanta> last week. The first night, as soon as I showered> at the hotel, my hair assumed the consistency> of straw. It was dry, tangled, rough, and limp.>> I tried everything to revive it: deep conditioning,> protein packs, a special leave-in treatment I> picked up at a salon. Nothing would fix it. By> the time I got home, I was beside myself and ready> to go have it all cut off.> But when I washed my hair at my house, it> was miraculously silky and healthy-feeling again!> I haven't had any recurrence. I believe it was> the water at the Hilton that caused the problem.> But when I mentioned this to my co-worker, she> told me I was nuts--that bad water can only affect> your hair over a long period of time.> Anyone?> Ally
rayn View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rayn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:11am
I have noticed on several occasions that my hair "didn't like the water". After I moved to the city and started washing with heavily clorinated water, my hair was brittle and I couldn't brush it. After a few weeks, it adjusted. Hair is a lot like skin: it can easily be dried out by different chemicals that are present in treated water. Use lots of conditioner and be patient!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic