Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My experience has been that many short women do tell long hair women to cut their hair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMy experience has been that many short women do tell long hair women to cut their hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Diane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My experience has been that many short women do tell long hair women to cut their hair
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:10am
I was gone during the weeknd and I believe that one posting was actually for me but it ended to Leslie. It basically said that short hair women don't tell long hair women to cut their hair. I am more than ready to challenge this to all dept.First of all it was wrong on my part to say that short hair women go around telling long hair women to cut their hair BUT TONS OF SHORT HAIR WOMEN DO TELL LONG HAIR WOMEN TO CUT THEIR HAIR . I know this for a fact as I experience this myself from my short hair family and relitive and I hear it manny many times.I do know what I am talking about on this subject as I have tons of experience depating this issue.I want to present a few facts about myself.I used to be a short hair woman and I always felt that long hair was harder to keep but during the years of being a short hair women I was crabby because I hated my permed my hair cuts and I never felt that I was sexy. But also being a short hair woman at the time I never did go around telling long hair women that they should cut their hair. I am now a long hair woman and I don't spend as much time fixing my hair and I look sexy. Its not my opinion but of most men that I came across told me. Now if I felt that I wasn't in style being involved in a fashion industry and it being important for my carreer I would have cut it but being confident and knowing how to dress the industry respected me and admire my hair!!!! Noone has ever told me that my hair was out of style but my family and I been invited many times to model for boutiques with the long hair. Where is it written that long hair is not in style????? Short hair is in style because stylist make money off it. That is the number one reason and you can ask any strylist and they will tell you especially if you are a long hair woman. My styliest told me that most stylist love long hair but long hair women don't produce good income for them.Short hair woman needs to have a hair cut every six weeks or so and a long hair woman will cut her hair maybe every three months. I seriously don't think much of hair industry as they think they are creative and yet they can't be creative enough to create nice styles for us long hair women. But for the person that practically said I was lying I will say to you " Graduation you are keeping your stylist in business"I said I was expert at this because in my family I have a short hair sister that was a model in our city. She is now thinking of shaving her hair. Yes all that will look very nice on her and she never felt that long hair suited her becasue her hair wasn't thick like mine. She said without being so mean to me as we are very close that she envy me all my life because I had thick hair. I told her that it would be a waist on her as she hates long hair and she would cut it. Let correct this , she would shave it.Long hair is a man's fantasy as many men love playing with it. Okay I set the mood of the conversation now..
scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:10am
Hey Diane,Are you sure you're not "CRABBY" with long hair too!!??
Diane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:10am
Hello Scott,I strongly believe in long hair. I find it sad that some people think that us long hair women aren't aware of "in style". I strongly believe that hair is an expression of our inner self which also means I don't have anything against short hair women or no hair. I am just feed up hearing that some short hair women telling long hair women that they should cut their hair. I will now answer your quesrtion. I am very people-oriented and I am also acceptive. I don't sit on a fence against a subject. I wish that society would stop saying that long hair isn't in style and start encouring women and men to wear long hair if they wish to.Scott wouldn't you agree to this?>> Hey Diane,> Are you sure you're not "CRABBY"> with long hair too!!??
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:11am
Diane--I wouldn't go as far as saying that all short-haired women urge long-haired women to cut their hair. But I agree with the gist of your message: A lot of women seem to harbor a mysterious resentment of long hair.I think jealousy is at the heart of such spiteful comments as, "You really should think about cutting your hair and giving it some STYLE."When my hair was short (because I'd been convinced I couldn't wear it long), I hated it--and I found myself making snide remarks about women with long hair. "She needs to lop about a foot off that." "Hello! The Dark Ages are OVER!" Now that my hair is long, I fend off these comments--and smile to myself, because I know what lies behind them.Whatever the reason, giving unsolicited criticism is RUDE. It's no more acceptable to say "You should cut your hair," than it is to say, "You should lose 40 pounds/clear up your skin/not wear skirts."Ally
Jenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:11am
Hello!I have to agree with Ally on the jealous theory. Now that I have long hair, I have a different outlook. And hey! I'm short....I'm 5"2, and I want everyone to grow long hair! *lol*Happy Growing,Jenna
Jenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:11am
Okay I feel stupid...really really really really stupid! When you said short women, that meant short hair.....Okay you can all stop laughing now.....Jenna
Diane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:11am
> Okay I feel stupid...really really really> really stupid! When you said short women, that> meant short hair.....Okay you can all stop laughing> now.....> JennaDear Jenna,You are so funny. I love your last post . I am not laughing at you but with you.
Jenna View Drop Down

Thanks for the encouragement Diane! *lol*Jenna
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic