Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHair Jewelry

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Victoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Jewelry
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:10am
My husband and I are artists. We have been interested in doing some hair jewelry. He has made several nice silver hair pins, however I would like to do something more elaborate, perhaps even something historically correct. Can anyone send me pictures of beaded hair combs, pins, etc. Sources, books, mags, web sites, anything? I would like to be as historically accurate as possible. Thank you.
Leslie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:10am
> My husband and I are artists. We have been> interested in doing some hair jewelry. He has> made several nice silver hair pins, however I> would like to do something more elaborate, perhaps> even something historically correct. Can anyone> send me pictures of beaded hair combs, pins, etc.> Sources, books, mags, web sites, anything? I would> like to be as historically accurate as possible.> Thank you.That sounds so neat. I don't have any pictures, but I really hope someone sends some to you. That sounds like such a beautiful idea. Its funny, because I just saw the movie Ever After today and I was thinking of how much I would love to have some beautiful hair accessories to use in my hair. Good Luck!!!Leslie
Diane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:10am
Good luck,Let me know when you are marketing these items. I would be interested .> My husband and I are artists. We have been> interested in doing some hair jewelry. He has> made several nice silver hair pins, however I> would like to do something more elaborate, perhaps> even something historically correct. Can anyone> send me pictures of beaded hair combs, pins, etc.> Sources, books, mags, web sites, anything? I would> like to be as historically accurate as possible.> Thank you.
Jennifer J View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:11am
> My husband and I are artists. We have been> interested in doing some hair jewelry. He has> made several nice silver hair pins, however I> would like to do something more elaborate, perhaps> even something historically correct. Can anyone> send me pictures of beaded hair combs, pins, etc.> Sources, books, mags, web sites, anything? I would> like to be as historically accurate as possible.> Thank you.Hmm... I don't have anything on hand... but I've done a lot of costume history research, and I might have some historical references or drawings for you. Give me a couple of days to look through my stuff and I'll try and get back to you with some stuff. Would you be interested in ethnic peices as well?I'd love to see what you come up with in terms of replicas or modern stuff inspired by historical articles. :-)-jennifer j
Victoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:11am
> Thank you for your responses, as I said I am interested in making more elaborate pieces and will copy anything from a picture (provided the picture is of good quality). Meanwhile I am making large beaded hair pins of silver and copper. I like them because one pin holds all of my hair in place and is very pretty doing so, they have blunted ends so they don't scratch going in and they do not rip hair out like pony tail elastics.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic