Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI Tried The NG - Chamomile

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I Tried The NG - Chamomile
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:18am
OK. I have to be honest. The Nature's Gate shampoo smelled really wonderful and it felt really great in the shower. I used the Chamomile shampoo and the chamomile conditioner. The conditioner was creamy and smelled wonderful too and my hair felt silky in the shower.Unfortunately, my hair, which is naturally dry, did not fare as well when I let it air dry. It felt dry and flyaway. I did not use any detangler or leave in conditioner. Just the NG. So I am not sure if I am using the wrong version (Chamomile) or if I should use something else instead?I am not giving up. I only used it once and it could be that my hair is not in great shape from the Rusk test which really messed with my hair. I will try it my 3x before I have a final conclusion.Maybe I am doing something incorrectly? Any suggestions?Thanks,Karen
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
Dawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:18am
Well, since this Nature's Gate business is mostly my fault for suggesting it to Cher some time ago, I feel a bit like I should respond here. There's no way, given your incredible experience with testing hair care products, Karen, that you did anything wrong. But I fear that the NG might not have the kind of ingredients that your hair loves. Maybe its an after affect of the shampoo you were testing before, maybe its just that this variety of NG doesn't suit you well, who knows. I know that I absolutely love the jojoba variety because it makes my hair so silky I don't even have to use my deep conditioners but my husband doesn't like that type at all, he says it makes his curls way too limp. I also use the keratin variety a lot and it makes my hair feel very thick and full whereas in the summer time when I'm outside constantly, the original herbal can tend to make my hair a bit flyaway. I wish I could try the Chamomile but can't find it in my area but that would probably give me some different results too. As you've told people so many times, a person has to use a lot of trial and error to find what works for their individual hair's chemistry. Maybe the NG just doesn't agree with you like Aveda or Artec. Maybe you could try using more conditioner. I know that's one of the reasons I haven't gone with the more expensive products, because I like to glob on a great big handful of conditioner but you're used to those others and not using as much product since its so concentrated so maybe be more liberal with the NG stuff and see how that works.I'll look forward to hearing more in this continuing saga!Best wishes to all!Dawn
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:19am
Hi Dawn,Thanks so much for the feedback. I think you may be right about needing to glop the conditioner on. I also think the results might really have been the aftereffects of the Rusk. That stuff was not good for my hair.I had someone tell me today (I used Aveda Shampure/Aveda Curessenc today) that my hair looked so much better than last week. The person told me that they didn't want to hurt my feelings but last week my hair looked "not so good" (were their exact words). Well last week for 3 days, I used the Rusk and then on Friday & Saturday I retreated and used ARTec with LOTS of conditioner to offset the yucky effects of the Rusk. Sunday I tried the NG and today (Monday) I was desparate to have a good hair week, so I used the true blue fail safe for great hair...Aveda Shampure & Aveda Curessence.Sure enough my hair felt like my hair again. :-)I am going to use Aveda for a few days to have a good base test and then take another run at the Nature's Gate. I will try to glop a lot more conditioner on as you suggested Dawn. :-)All this hair testing is kind of funny at times. I never know from day to day how my hair will be when I am in test mode. :-)Needless to say...I did NOT like the Rusk. It was the Rusk Look with the Rusk Ultra Rich Conditioner Treatment.No offense to Rusk lovers, but this product really did a number on my hair. It felt terrible.So maybe this is why the NG didn't take so well too. I am really open to that idea and have not given up yet. :-)I am also willing to try several of the NG's to see if there is a difference. I think the jojoba might be good for me based on how well Aveda oils w/ jojoba works on my hair.I hate to tell you Dawn, but last nite I was left alone for about 20 minutes in the grocery store shampoo aisle and I had a great time reading all the labels.One of the stock ladies asked if she could help me find something. I asked about Prell. She said they had it but it hardly sold and they only kept a few bottles on the shelves. LOL :-)I will be trying some of the products I bought but I am not looking forward to it because the ingredients are not that great. :-)I will wait awhile before I do that though. I bought 6 different grocery store brands including Salon Selectives, Aussie & Citre Shine. OH BOY...here I go again. :-)Thanks again for the feedback. I appreciate it so much.Big hugKaren> Well, since this Nature's Gate business is> mostly my fault for suggesting it to Cher some> time ago, I feel a bit like I should respond here.> There's no way, given your incredible experience> with testing hair care products, Karen, that you> did anything wrong. But I fear that the NG might> not have the kind of ingredients that your hair> loves. Maybe its an after affect of the shampoo> you were testing before, maybe its just that this> variety of NG doesn't suit you well, who knows.> I know that I absolutely love the jojoba variety> because it makes my hair so silky I don't even> have to use my deep conditioners but my husband> doesn't like that type at all, he says it makes> his curls way too limp. I also use the keratin> variety a lot and it makes my hair feel very thick> and full whereas in the summer time when I'm outside> constantly, the original herbal can tend to make> my hair a bit flyaway. I wish I could try the> Chamomile but can't find it in my area but that> would probably give me some different results> too. As you've told people so many times, a person> has to use a lot of trial and error to find what> works for their individual hair's chemistry. Maybe> the NG just doesn't agree with you like Aveda> or Artec. Maybe you could try using more conditioner.> I know that's one of the reasons I haven't gone> with the more expensive products, because I like> to glob on a great big handful of conditioner> but you're used to those others and not using> as much product since its so concentrated so maybe> be more liberal with the NG stuff and see how> that works.> I'll look forward to hearing more in this> continuing saga!> Best wishes to all!> Dawn>
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
Connie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Connie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:19am
HI Karen,I used to use Rusk and sometimes my hair would feel good and other times it would feel dry and sticky. So I got tired of the unpredictable results and switched to Phyto products which are great.I agree, Rusk just doesn't work for everyone.Connie> Hi Dawn,> Thanks so much for the feedback. I think> you may be right about needing to glop the conditioner> on. I also think the results might really have> been the aftereffects of the Rusk. That stuff> was not good for my hair.> I had someone tell me today (I used Aveda> Shampure/Aveda Curessenc today) that my hair looked> so much better than last week. The person told> me that they didn't want to hurt my feelings but> last week my hair looked "not so good"> (were their exact words). Well last week for 3> days, I used the Rusk and then on Friday &> Saturday I retreated and used ARTec with LOTS> of conditioner to offset the yucky effects of> the Rusk. Sunday I tried the NG and today (Monday)> I was desparate to have a good hair week, so I> used the true blue fail safe for great hair...Aveda> Shampure & Aveda Curessence.> Sure enough my hair felt like my hair again.> :-)> I am going to use Aveda for a few days to> have a good base test and then take another run> at the Nature's Gate. I will try to glop a lot> more conditioner on as you suggested Dawn. :-)>> All this hair testing is kind of funny at> times. I never know from day to day how my hair> will be when I am in test mode. :-)> Needless to say...I did NOT like the Rusk.> It was the Rusk Look with the Rusk Ultra Rich> Conditioner Treatment.> No offense to Rusk lovers, but this product> really did a number on my hair. It felt terrible.>> So maybe this is why the NG didn't take so> well too. I am really open to that idea and have> not given up yet. :-)> I am also willing to try several of the NG's> to see if there is a difference. I think the jojoba> might be good for me based on how well Aveda oils> w/ jojoba works on my hair.> I hate to tell you Dawn, but last nite I> was left alone for about 20 minutes in the grocery> store shampoo aisle and I had a great time reading> all the labels.> One of the stock ladies asked if she could> help me find something. I asked about Prell. She> said they had it but it hardly sold and they only> kept a few bottles on the shelves. LOL :-)> I will be trying some of the products I bought> but I am not looking forward to it because the> ingredients are not that great. :-)> I will wait awhile before I do that though.> I bought 6 different grocery store brands including> Salon Selectives, Aussie & Citre Shine. OH> BOY...here I go again. :-)> Thanks again for the feedback. I appreciate> it so much.> Big hug> Karen
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:19am
Hello Karen.. I have to put my two cents in here. I haven't tried the Chamomile yet but found the Jojoba and the Original Herbal work on my hair quite differently. My favorite being the herbal. It makes my hair super soft. The Jojoba is very appealing to me with it's pink color. Like Dawn said, maybe you need to gloop alittle bit more on. I left the Herbal conditioner on the other day for about 15 minutes.. it made my hair feel wonderful. The Jojoba doesn't make my hair as soft but it does do a nice job..so no complaints. Good luck with all your testing.. ;-) Cher> OK. I have to be honest. The Nature's Gate> shampoo smelled really wonderful and it felt really> great in the shower. I used the Chamomile shampoo> and the chamomile conditioner. The conditioner> was creamy and smelled wonderful too and my hair> felt silky in the shower.> Unfortunately, my hair, which is naturally> dry, did not fare as well when I let it air dry.> It felt dry and flyaway. I did not use any detangler> or leave in conditioner. Just the NG. So I am> not sure if I am using the wrong version (Chamomile)> or if I should use something else instead?> I am not giving up. I only used it once and> it could be that my hair is not in great shape> from the Rusk test which really messed with my> hair. I will try it my 3x before I have a final> conclusion.> Maybe I am doing something incorrectly? Any> suggestions?> Thanks,> Karen
Dawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:19am
Oh Karen, you are truly far more courageous than I would ever be with my hair and I really admire you for putting your hair on the line for your product reviews. I know how important it is to you and its a sign of your incredible commitment that you often sacrifice it so you can share your experiences with the rest of us. I mean that, really. I'm sure you know in advance that some of the products you test are NOT going to be kind to your tresses and yet you press on. A true warrior maiden in the quest for the perfect hair care product! Thank you! I don't think anyone would fault you for returning to the tried and true when a trial test turns out to be a disaster. Repair your gorgeous hair, the next test and our curiousity can wait!By the way, Cher, did you mention that NG has a catalog you can order from? I just read another post that mentioned several products I've never seen in my little town and I want them!Best wishes to all! May all your shampoos be kind to your hair!Dawn
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:19am
Dawn.. the catalog turned out to be copied pages from their catalog but it does at least give you a listing of all the shampoo's and conditioners available. It's not cheaper to order through them either... I would ask your local store to order them for you.. I looked on my sheet for the Green Tea shampoo and there is none.. I think the person meant Tea Tree.. Anyway.. the toll free number for Levlad is 800-327-2012. Good luck.. Cher~> Oh Karen, you are truly far more courageous> than I would ever be with my hair and I really> admire you for putting your hair on the line for> your product reviews. I know how important it> is to you and its a sign of your incredible commitment> that you often sacrifice it so you can share your> experiences with the rest of us. I mean that,> really. I'm sure you know in advance that some> of the products you test are NOT going to be kind> to your tresses and yet you press on. A true warrior> maiden in the quest for the perfect hair care> product! Thank you! I don't think anyone would> fault you for returning to the tried and true> when a trial test turns out to be a disaster.> Repair your gorgeous hair, the next test and our> curiousity can wait!> By the way, Cher, did you mention that NG> has a catalog you can order from? I just read> another post that mentioned several products I've> never seen in my little town and I want them!>> Best wishes to all! May all your shampoos> be kind to your hair!> Dawn
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic