Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRose's Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rose's Hair
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:21am
Hi, HairTalkers.I found the hairstyle/cut I want--in this picture of my beloved Kate Winslet.Would some of you experts mind looking at this picture and describing her hair to me in terms I could use with my stylist? (Is it layered, angled, etc.?)http://www.kwfc.com/gallery/page1/kwfc_0012.jpgThanks for your help.Best,Ally
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:22am
Hi Ally,It looks like the front has been cut in a graduated style to allow the side of the hair to be shorter and blend into the back of the hair. The rest of the hair, especially the top, looks like it is one length.I have seen photos of Kate with both straight and curly hair and it looks like it is mostly all one length except along the sides and around the face.Hope that helps.Best wishes,Karen> Hi, HairTalkers.> I found the hairstyle/cut I want--in this> picture of my beloved Kate Winslet.> Would some of you experts mind looking at> this picture and describing her hair to me in> terms I could use with my stylist? (Is it layered,> angled, etc.?)> http://www.kwfc.com/gallery/page1/kwfc_0012.jpg>> Thanks for your help.> Best,> Ally
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:22am
Hi Ally,I spoke too soon. I stopped typing and picked up the September Redbook to discover a photo of Minnie Driver with her "similar to Rose" curly hair do.Redbook explains that the cut is all one lenght EXCEPT graduated layers scirroed in around the face and below the jaw to guarantee that the curls will not fall into the face but blend in with the rest of the hair.Rose's hair looks a lot like Minnie's hair...except not quite as curly. So I think that is the answer. :-)Karen> Hi Ally,> It looks like the front has been cut in a> graduated style to allow the side of the hair> to be shorter and blend into the back of the hair.> The rest of the hair, especially the top, looks> like it is one length.> I have seen photos of Kate with both straight> and curly hair and it looks like it is mostly> all one length except along the sides and around> the face.> Hope that helps.> Best wishes,> Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic