Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedShould I change my hair color?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should I change my hair color?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:23am
I need advice.I started growing my hair from a pixie when I was 6. I am now 39 years old. My hair is about the color of Crystal Gayle's - not near as long. My hair reaches to the back of my knees, a lot thicker than Crystal's and healthy.I was in Vegas a couple of weeks ago where I had some pictures made with my face but someone else's body and hair. I don't look like myself at all as a blonde.One of the photos didn't look that bad. It was dark hair with blonde streaks through it. My eyebrows aren't as dark looking as my hair, so I could pull the color off. I'm just a real chicken. I've had this color and length a very long time. And I don't want someone to fry my hair and I have to chop it off.Help! Open to suggestions. Even if you say leave it alone.Debbie
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:23am
Hi Debbie,Your hair sounds gorgeous and it is very wise to be cautious.If you do decide to color your hair, please be sure and go to a color professional that can study the texture and condition of your hair and recommend the best approach.Some colorists have told me that the longer the hair, the more risky using foils are because they may bleed. Some colorists have told me that bleeding is not really a problem.I think the "right" answer depends on your hair, its condition, its length and whether your colorist is skilled in caps, foils or some other method.One option is to have darker streaks put around your face so that it offsets your skin and gives you more of the look you want.That would not require as much color application and could be done with the cap method which is very predictable in terms of the results.To prevent your hair from being fried, make sure you do go to a professional and make sure that they really study your hair.Another option is to go with a temporary color that will wash out after 6-20 shampoos.Or you can buy the temporary mascaras that are so popular now and add your own dark streaks (they wash out with each shampoo) to see how you like the look.I would recommend the pomades versus the brushes. The pomades are so much easier to control.There is a popular technique called haloing where blonde streaks are added just around the bangs and front of the hair near the face. What you could do is lowlighting in the same areas.Maximum results, minimum impact on your hair. Sounds like it could work. :-)Best wishes,Karen> I need advice.> I started growing my hair from a pixie when I was 6. I> am now 39 years old. My hair is about the color of> Crystal Gayle's - not near as long. My hair reaches to> the back of my knees, a lot thicker than Crystal's and> healthy.> I was in Vegas a couple of weeks ago where I had some> pictures made with my face but someone else's body and> hair. I don't look like myself at all as a blonde.> One of the photos didn't look that bad. It was dark> hair with blonde streaks through it. My eyebrows> aren't as dark looking as my hair, so I could pull the> color off. I'm just a real chicken. I've had this> color and length a very long time. And I don't want> someone to fry my hair and I have to chop it off.> Help! Open to suggestions. Even if you say leave it> alone.> Debbie
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic