Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedfunny wig story

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Angel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: funny wig story
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:24am
Yes Diane, I've got more stories (I think they need a funny story board!)This one involves my grandmother who lives in California and has worn wigs since the 60's. Most people dont know she wears a wig because she hides it so well. My cousin who was only 4 or 5 at the time had never seen her without her wig until he visited her one evening and went into her bedroom where she kept her spare wig on a maniquin head. We were all in the living room and heard Adam start screaming. When we went to see what was wrong we couldn't stop laughing. He mistakingly thought someone had chopped off his grandmas head and stuck it on her dresser. He had to see our grandmother before he would believe it wasn't her head.About two years later Adam finally understood that grandma wore a wig. One day the whole family went to Disneyland and my grandmother who loves roller coasters got into line for the Mattahorn. My cousin was horrified. When my grandmother asked why he exclaimed "if you get on that thing your hair will fly off!". Now whenever she gets on a roller coaster we have to tease herAnother story (I'm full of them tonight, and I have nothing better to do than tell them!)Yesterday I went to the Charlotte debut of Wella's newest hair color line (bye the way its called Koleston Perfect and I can't wait to use it!) Anyway while we were there we saw this guy/girl. I went with a bunch of girls and we could not contain our giggles...His tight jeans and huge chest were bad but not as bad as the waist lenght platnum blond wig he was wearing wich had slipped two inches past his hairline!Speaking of things slipping here is a story for all brides to be...One my wedding day I opted to fix my own hair which was just past my shoulders and had layers to frame my face. I fixed my hair with a big curling iron and wore it down (my husband loves it down because it's so thick.) Anyway, my veil was a crown with the tule coming from the front portion. the bottom piece of tule swept down to the floor and made a clowdy film over my train and the top piece went to my fingertips. Because the crown was pretty secure on my head I didn't think to pin it down. Then it came time to walk down the aisle...as I went throw the door the director arranged the tule over my train and tugged just a little. It was all downhill by then. Bye the end of the ceremony my headpeice was 3 inches back on my head and hanging on for dear life. I now have a wonderfull picture that was taken just a the preacher pronounced us husband and wife. Can you guess what I'm doing in the picture ? Catching my veil right before it fell down my back!Hope you enjoy these Diane!
Angel
Diane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:24am
> Yes Diane, I've got more stories (I think they need a> funny story board!)> This one involves my grandmother who lives in> California and has worn wigs since the 60's. Most> people dont know she wears a wig because she hides it> so well. My cousin who was only 4 or 5 at the time had> never seen her without her wig until he visited her> one evening and went into her bedroom where she kept> her spare wig on a maniquin head. We were all in the> living room and heard Adam start screaming. When we> went to see what was wrong we couldn't stop laughing.> He mistakingly thought someone had chopped off his> grandmas head and stuck it on her dresser. He had to> see our grandmother before he would believe it wasn't> her head.You are just so funny. We would make a good teams. I wouldn't be able to stay serious around you for sure.> About two years later Adam finally understood that> grandma wore a wig. One day the whole family went to> Disneyland and my grandmother who loves roller> coasters got into line for the Mattahorn. My cousin> was horrified. When my grandmother asked why he> exclaimed "if you get on that thing your hair> will fly off!". Now whenever she gets on a roller> coaster we have to tease her> Another story (I'm full of them tonight, and I have> nothing better to do than tell them!)> Yesterday I went to the Charlotte debut of Wella's> newest hair color line (bye the way its called> Koleston Perfect and I can't wait to use it!) Anyway> while we were there we saw this guy/girl. I went with> a bunch of girls and we could not contain our> giggles...His tight jeans and huge chest were bad but> not as bad as the waist lenght platnum blond wig he> was wearing wich had slipped two inches past his> hairline!> Speaking of things slipping here is a story for all> brides to be...> One my wedding day I opted to fix my own hair which> was just past my shoulders and had layers to frame my> face. I fixed my hair with a big curling iron and wore> it down (my husband loves it down because it's so> thick.) Anyway, my veil was a crown with the tule> coming from the front portion. the bottom piece of> tule swept down to the floor and made a clowdy film> over my train and the top piece went to my fingertips.> Because the crown was pretty secure on my head I> didn't think to pin it down. Then it came time to walk> down the aisle...as I went throw the door the director> arranged the tule over my train and tugged just a> little. It was all downhill by then. Bye the end of> the ceremony my headpeice was 3 inches back on my head> and hanging on for dear life. I now have a wonderfull> picture that was taken just a the preacher pronounced> us husband and wife. Can you guess what I'm doing in> the picture ? Catching my veil right before it fell> down my back!> Hope you enjoy these Diane!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic