Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSelf Magazine - Sept - Head Massage Info

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Self Magazine - Sept - Head Massage Info
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:27am
Hi,This item of info should go into Hair News, but I can't open Front Page today, so I will share it here instead. :-)Self, my favorite mag, features Spas in the Sept 98 issue. On page 58 there is a notice about the Adam Broderick Image Group Spa in Ridgefield, CT (203)431-3994 that offers an Essential-Oil Hair and Scalp treatment that lasts for 45 minutes.Description of the treatment:In a private room a therapist massages your scalp and neck, using an essential-oil blend. Then, a seaweed-based conditioner infused with aromatic oils is rubbed in, followed by a rinse and a thorough blow-dry.According to Self Mag this treatment is a special offer at $25.Self also lists 5 other spas that have special treatment deals including an Eye-zone wrap, Pedicure treatments, Body-glo, mud bar experience and peach paraffin body glove treatment.In Dallas, a great day spa is the Rejuneva Spa located at Northwest Highway and Preston Road. They offer all sorts of wonderful massage/facial/pedicure/manicure/body treatments but no hair & scalp treatments. :-(I used to go to a hair salon here in Dallas that offered a scalp/hair treatment. They used Aveda Beautifying Oil that they heated and they also used a mixture of aromatic oils. The head/scalp/hair massage lasted 30 minutes and was heavenly. They followed the massage with a shampoo and conditioning treatment and then a blow dry.They stopped offering the service when the therapist who did the scalp massages left the salon.It was truely awesome. Worth every penny of the $35 fee.I am almost tempted to go to Ridgefield, CT. just to get this done to my head. :-)If anyone knows of any other salons/spas that offer special hair/scalp treatments, please post on Hairtalk so I can include it somewhere on the site. :-)Best wishes,Karen
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic