Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMany birds with one post

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Many birds with one post
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:29am
Oh my, I've been away for a couple of days and look at the posts! I can't keep up anymore, so much to read about!I hope it won't be rude to respond to several people in one post so here goes.To everyone who's written about the hair jewelry, you are all as sweet and funny as you are beautiful! Youhonor me with your interest, really.Noreen, with a head of hair like no other and yet you are sogracious to serfs like myself! Thank you! I hear and understand your problems with hair accessories, I struggled for YEARS with those same dilemmas. Those ball ties were the only thing I could use, after all, who can drag a circle band out through all that hair?! But no matter what your hair length, it can be very damaging to insert and especially to remove a closed circle tie, and they always stretched or tore after about four uses right at that stupid metal clamp, plus it never failed to grab a few hairs no matter how careful you are and I can't afford to lose any! Another big problem was its a bit embarrassing for someone pushing 40 to be walking around town wearing little girls plastic hair balls! Hence the hair jewelry you now see.RAM you're going to love them too, they ARE great fun to wear!And Laura Jane, tell your husband that these ties are very different and will outlast any of the accessories you've bought before. I have two of those three tier hanging baskets stuffed FULL of hair accessories I never actually wear but I first made these ties more than three years ago and I have a set of 8 amber ties that I put in nearly every day. I play tennis, garden, even swim in them (I don't recommend that though, it does alter the texture of the suede center) in general beat the crap out of them without regard for their safety and I'm still wearing that same set! So they're very durable. And they are the only thing I've ever found that will actually stay put in my hair, every other barrette, scrunchie, comb, whatever just slips right out in short order. I gave a couple of ties to a little girl who's mom I was doing some gardening for and she was delighted because the mom said she had never been able to find anything that would actually stay in her hair either. I know they're going to please you too.Cher, I'm so glad the jojoba did well by you! The sapphire ties are going to look stunning in your lovely dark hair. Welcome back from boating!Dee, I see that Noreen answered your question for you and I hope you enjoyed the pictures!I've always wanted to try that beadmagic thing too, but I wish it came with some really nice beads instead of plastic. The trouble is it's very difficult to find quality gemstones with large holes. When I work it out maybe Karen will do a beadmagic kit for grown women with real fancy beads and tips!And I just have to say that it is so gratifying to be able to finally share these hair jewelry items with you all. As I said I've been working on them for more than three years now, they really do solve a variety of problems encountered with most hair accessories and it is only because of the incredible, undying, generous, encouraging and kind support of our wonderful, dear Hair Boutique webwizards, Karenand Jeff, that everyone can now enjoy this jewelry too. Without them, this project just would not be possible. Thanks you guys!!You'll love the whole story behind RareGems and how theproducts are made. Its truly women helping women to leadmore enriching lives, but you'll have to stay tuned and readKaren's interview when the items make their big debut to hear the rest!Thanks again gals for your wonderful interest in these products.I know you won't be dissapointed.Warm best wishes to all!Dawn
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic