Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - It's so quiet here - Everyone must be having a good hair day!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIt's so quiet here - Everyone must be having a good hair day!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It's so quiet here - Everyone must be having a good hair day!
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:30am
Is this the case or is everyone just so busy that they don't have time to post?Jeff.
xoom!
Laura Jane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laura Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:30am
> Is this the case or is everyone just so busy that they> don't have time to post?Well, actually, for me it's been a little bit of both. I did have a really good hair day today! However, the big reason I haven't been posting much lately is that I've been preparing a seminar for my department. I did a practice run tonight, and am giving the real thing Monday...But about my good hair day...I have no idea why or how it happened, but it was. Part of it might be that the weather here is much nicer than it has been - it's cooler lately, and not so humid. Part of it might be that I got a new set of combs to hold my growing-out bangs back. Part of it just seems to be good luck - and wonderful timing, because I didn't have time to deal with my hair today at all!Laura Janelswanson@sunflower.bio.indiana.edu(who thinks a good hair day is almost always a good day)
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:30am
Hi Jeff!I'm just having another great hair day....... which almost all are for me nowadays.When my hair was short, bad hair days were more frequent. But the most bad hairdays I ever had was during that 1-2 years when I was growing the layers out ofmy hair. I know this wasn't your point but I just wanted to comment.Hope you're having a great hair day too!Dave
David M Squires
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:30am
Hi,Actually I had a really good hair day yesterday but work was nuts so I couldn't get to the board. :-(Yesterday I had my hair trimmed...it's normally scheduled 8 week trim...and I had a full shampoo and condition and blow dry. My hair turned out really great and shiny and it is really growing. My stylist was pointing out that it has grown so fast this summer and already it is time for another highlight even though I try to stretch them 4 months. I think it must be all the seaweed I am eating. :-)I read somewhere (gosh I need to find that article) that hair is your #1 accessory and when you are having a good hair day, you just feel great. That seems to be true for me. I had a great hair day yesterday. :-)My hair is doing pretty well today too. I wonder how long this will last? LOLBest wishes,Karen> Well, actually, for me it's been a little bit of both.> I did have a really good hair day today! However, the> big reason I haven't been posting much lately is that> I've been preparing a seminar for my department. I did> a practice run tonight, and am giving the real thing> Monday...> But about my good hair day...I have no idea why or how> it happened, but it was. Part of it might be that the> weather here is much nicer than it has been - it's> cooler lately, and not so humid. Part of it might be> that I got a new set of combs to hold my growing-out> bangs back. Part of it just seems to be good luck -> and wonderful timing, because I didn't have time to> deal with my hair today at all!> Laura Jane> lswanson@sunflower.bio.indiana.edu> (who thinks a good hair day is almost always a good> day)
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
Kira View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:30am
Just venting! I'm going through a really bad hair growing period. My hair is just about down to my shoulder on one side (but not the other?????). It's dry even though I am conditioning it more than ever and it just looks ugly! Please let this be a seasonal change! I am very jealous of all of you having great hair days :-) !
Laura Jane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laura Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:30am
> Just venting! I'm going through a really bad hair> growing period. My hair is just about down to my> shoulder on one side (but not the other?????). It's> dry even though I am conditioning it more than ever> and it just looks ugly! Please let this be a seasonal> change! I am very jealous of all of you having great> hair days :-) !That's a very awkward length. When my hair was at that length, it seemed as if it didn't want to grow at all. It just sort of stayed at almost-shoulder-length for a few months. I was so frustrated! Be reassured that it really will keep growing, even if it doesn't seem to be doing so at the moment.Keep conditioning, and maybe try some sort of deep conditioning treatment or an oil treatment. It probably is just seasonal, though - here in Indiana, the weather has finally cooled off (temporarily - it's going to get hot again this weekend), which has made my hair very happy.You may find that different things work well for you based on weather, too. In summer I have no trouble with static; in winter, I need to carry a bottle of Aveda's Styling Curessence along to de-static my hair from time to time.Good luck!Laura Janelswanson@sunflower.bio.indiana.edu
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:30am
> That's a very awkward length. When my hair was at that> length, it seemed as if it didn't want to grow at all.> It just sort of stayed at almost-shoulder-length for a> few months. I was so frustrated! Be reassured that it> really will keep growing, even if it doesn't seem to> be doing so at the moment.> Keep conditioning, and maybe try some sort of deep> conditioning treatment or an oil treatment. It> probably is just seasonal, though - here in Indiana,> the weather has finally cooled off (temporarily - it's> going to get hot again this weekend), which has made> my hair very happy.> You may find that different things work well for you> based on weather, too. In summer I have no trouble> with static; in winter, I need to carry a bottle of> Aveda's Styling Curessence along to de-static my hair> from time to time.> Good luck!> Laura Jane> lswanson@sunflower.bio.indiana.eduWe would kill for an 85 degree day here in Dallas.60 days this summer over 100 degrees, second hotest summer in history.Jeff (thinking cool thoughts)
xoom!
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:30am
I'm not really having a bad hair day as much as a bad windy day. I'm here in Southeast Texas and when I left work today to get in my truck it was raining and the wind was crazy.I got in but my hair ended up on the roof. Well that part of the truck is clean.Debbie
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:30am
> Hi,> Actually I had a really good hair day yesterday but> work was nuts so I couldn't get to the board. :-(> Yesterday I had my hair trimmed...it's normally> scheduled 8 week trim...and I had a full shampoo and> condition and blow dry. My hair turned out really> great and shiny and it is really growing. My stylist> was pointing out that it has grown so fast this summer> and already it is time for another highlight even> though I try to stretch them 4 months. I think it must> be all the seaweed I am eating. :-)> I read somewhere (gosh I need to find that article)> that hair is your #1 accessory and when you are having> a good hair day, you just feel great. That seems to be> true for me. I had a great hair day yesterday. :-)> My hair is doing pretty well today too. I wonder how> long this will last? LOL> Best wishes,> KarenIt's been hot in Texas this summer I hear and my Mom always told me that hair grows faster during the summer months. So maybe you gained something from the intense heat!!! Cher~
RunningWild View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RunningWild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:32am
I let my hair have a day off the other day. I don't like it loose after I've braided it because of the ripples. So I avoided braiding it for bed and pony-tailed it for work. Then on my lunch hour, I went to a park and let it loose! I think it had fun.There's a grocery store nearby and every vehicle that went by that I happened to look at (I was reading), there was someone driving who happened in each instance to be looking suddenly away from me. They were turning their heads away in every instance as I turned to glance toward the engine noise.It is hip length, and it was breezy. I swear they were all looking at it.RunningWild
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic