Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedChin Length Hair Request - Dawn

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chin Length Hair Request - Dawn
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:34am
Dawn,I really love the new hair jewelry but my hair is only chinlength. I would love to see some designs for hair my length.Any plans in that direction? I have my credit card waiting by my PC. :-)TinaPS. I love those hair pins with flowers. How bout some with the amber or other rare gems?
that is a hair DON'T
Dawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:34am
Sincerest apologies Tina! You are absolutely right that the gals with shorter hair have been unfairly left out! But good news, relief is on the way. Since the beginning I've been consulting with Karen and working on some wonderful one-of-a-kind barrettes just with you in mind. I wanted them to be very special, unique and especially hair friendly, so I've tracked down the finest barrette backs to cover with wonderful suedes, velvets and other rich fabrics that will set off the lovely featured gemstones. I'm planning a whole series with rare champleve, cloisonne and gemstones of various spiritual significance including pearls, rose quartz, amethyst, jade and many others.I promise to hurry so please stay tuned!Thanks so much for your input, its very valuable. Please don't be shy about speaking up on what types of materials you'd like to see. I'll do everything I can to accomodate your desires!Very best wishes to all,Dawn
Laura Jane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laura Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:34am
I think barrettes are a great idea. I'd love to see some truly hair-friendly ones - they're so difficult to find! I like to wear the front part of my hair back in a barrette, or to hold my growing-out bangs out of my eyes with barrettes on each side, but I find quite a bit of breakage with most barrettes I've tried, so I don't often do so.Another thing that I'd like to see (although I don't know if there would be nearly as much demand for these) is decorative combs - the sort used to hold back the sides of hair, or the type used in fancy updos. Lately, I've been wearing combs quite often, holding back my bangs and so on (since they seem to cause less damage on my hair than barrettes), but the only remotely hair-friendly ones I've found only come in clear and brown - not very interesting, and definitely not the thing for special occasions!Meanwhile, I am so impatient for those hair ties to arrive! I've been using scrunchies almost exclusively for a few years now, and it will be nice to have some really safe options that are a little more secure.Laura Janelswanson@sunflower.bio.indiana.edu:) (wearing my contacts - see, no glasses on my smiley!)
Jen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:35am
Yes!! Hair combs would be wonderful! I collect antique hair combs from around the turn of the century and, although they're beautiful, they're just too ornate to actually wear (although I did wear one to a wedding once and got tons of compliments :-) I'm sure anything Dawn makes would be beautiful!Can't wait to get my hair jewelry either!Best wishes,Jen
Diane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:35am
> Yes!! Hair combs would be wonderful! I collect antique> hair combs from around the turn of the century and,> although they're beautiful, they're just too ornate to> actually wear (although I did wear one to a wedding> once and got tons of compliments :-) I'm sure anything> Dawn makes would be beautiful!> Can't wait to get my hair jewelry either!> Best wishes,> JenWhere do you find those combs? I am trying to find things like that but I woud actually wear them.Diane
Laura Jane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laura Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:35am
Antique combs - now that is a *cool* hobby! Wow! I would love to find some of those - where would I look for them? Antique stores? I doubt I'd wear them often, but maybe for church and things.Laura Janelswanson@sunflower.bio.indiana.edu
Jen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:36am
I like to browse antique stores, but the Internet is a fabulous tool for finding combs. You can do a search for antique jewelry. Many online shops have combs listed under "accessories" or "miscellaneous." One really great site that always has Victorian combs is "Gale's Gallery" (You should be able to find it if you do a search).By the way, I recently found THE piece de resistence for my collection: a legitimate tortoise shell comb from the late 1800's. My husband is making me a shadow box picture frame for me to display my goodies.Happy hunting!Jen
Diane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:36am
Thank you Jen,It nice to find someone that has common interest. I am veyr happy for you in your findings. Thank you for the site name. I will look. I didn't know about that one. That is very exciting. I used to be a professional refinisher for wood so I am very much in antiques etc. I am also Victorian so I am very passionate abouit things like that.Diane>I like to browse antique stores, but the Internet is a> fabulous tool for finding combs. You can do a search> for antique jewelry. Many online shops have combs> listed under "accessories" or> "miscellaneous." One really great site that> always has Victorian combs is "Gale's> Gallery" (You should be able to find it if you do> a search).> By the way, I recently found THE piece de resistence> for my collection: a legitimate tortoise shell comb> from the late 1800's. My husband is making me a shadow> box picture frame for me to display my goodies.> Happy hunting!> Jen
Jen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:36am
Let me know what you find! I have a photo on my bedroom wall of my great-grandmother wearing a beautiful hair comb... wish I knew where that one was! Anyway, I do have her silver brush and mirror, which I treasure. I guess that's what started my interest in hair combs.Take care!jen
Diane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:36am
> Let me know what you find! I have a photo on my> bedroom wall of my great-grandmother wearing a> beautiful hair comb... wish I knew where that one was!> Anyway, I do have her silver brush and mirror, which I> treasure. I guess that's what started my interest in> hair combs.> Take care!> jenWow. That is so nice that you have your great grandmother silver brush and comb.. I am sure it hold very special meaning for you.Its too bad we don't live near. it would be fun to see that.Diane
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic