Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMy long hair!!!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jolyne View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My long hair!!!!!!!!!
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:38am
I have middle length, straight, brown hair. And I am having a major problem finding a formal up-do hair style that i can use for my long thick hair. I was hoping you guy's could help me out. Thank you.Sincerly,Jolyne
Laura Jane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laura Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:38am
> I have middle length, straight, brown hair. And I am> having a major problem finding a formal up-do hair> style that i can use for my long thick hair. I was> hoping you guy's could help me out. Thank you.A bun might work, although it's not very formal. You could try turning your head upside-down, French braiding from your neck up to the top of the back of your head, and coiling the hair into a bun - that might look a little dressier.If you like your hair dressed lower, but still dressy, you could try a sort of chignon-like thing - make a flip-through ponytail (like the end result of those topsy-tail things they used to sell on tv - make a medium-high ponytail, separate the hair *above* the elastic, lean forward and flip the rest of the hair towards the top of your head and through the space you made, then stand up again). Then separate the hair into three sections (or however many you decide you like) and braid each section. The braids will now be hanging down your back below the flipped ponytail. Life them up so that they sort of loop over it and tuck the ends into the space you flipped the ponytail through. Hold them there with a fancy barrette, clip, or comb of some sort.Those are the ideas that immediately come to mind. I've done them both on my own hair (waist-length, relatively thick overall though fine in texture), although mine is getting a little long for the second. You might also look through the gallery section of this site for inspiration.Good luck!Laura Janelswanson@sunflower.bio.indiana.edu
andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:40am
Hi JolyneHere are my thoughts for what they are worth.I reckon that 'sophisticated' can not only mean a fancy and complex 'up' style, but also a style that is different from normal. I am a big enthusiast for different ways of putting up or braiding hair, but there might be a case for simple but effective. I used to know somebody with knee length hair who always wore it in either a single braid (loose or doubled up) or a braided bun. For special occasions she wore it either loose with a hair band or in a simple high pony-tail with a section of hair braided and wrapped around the base. What made is sophisitcated is that it made her hair look different. I don't know how you normall wear yours but perhaps just doing something very simple which makes your hair look very different might be an idea.If you want 'sophisticated' up styles then there is a book available in the UK called 'Dressing Long Hair' by Patrick Cameron. This is aimed, I suspect, at the bridal market but does have some wonderful and complex up styles to marvel at!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic