Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRemoving haircolor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vickie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vickie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Removing haircolor
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:41am
A friend of mine dyed my hair, and I don't like the color. I would like my original color back, without dyeing it again. I tried a dye remover, but a strand test turned the test area red. I've washed my hair with regular bar soap, which has lightened some of it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove this color? Thanks!
Kayla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:41am
Was it a permanent haircolor or semi-permanent? This will make a difference on how to remove it.> A friend of mine dyed my hair, and I don't like the> color. I would like my original color back, without> dyeing it again. I tried a dye remover, but a strand> test turned the test area red. I've washed my hair> with regular bar soap, which has lightened some of it.> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove this> color? Thanks!
gigi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gigi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:41am
Hi, this is the deal. I have a feeling Karen would agree if she were here. You only get one chance to try and dye your hair yourself, if you screw it up, the rule in hair land is that you have to go immediately to a colorist and have her undo it before you make a gigantic mess on your head. Trust me, as a spokesperson for FHP (Formerly Hair Impaired) I walked around for months with green-tinged hair because I tried to "correct" my color on my own. The stylist later informed me that if I would have come to her IMMEDIATELY, I say again IMMEDIATELY, the whole thing would have been only a minor pain instead of a major disaster. This is not to say that someday, far, far in the future you will not be able to color your hair yourself again. It is possible for the FHP to learn to do it. I went on to color my own hair for years (until today in fact) but I first had to learn some hard lessons about color technique. So, take a deep breath, put a towel over the mirror until tomorrow and leave your hair ALONE tonight. Take two Hershey bars and in the morning call a salon. Have it fixed by a professional. Don't think. Just do it. This is the best piece of advice you will ever get.
JM View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:42am
> Hi, this is the deal. I have a feeling Karen would> agree if she were here. You only get one chance to try> and dye your hair yourself, if you screw it up, the> rule in hair land is that you have to go immediately> to a colorist and have her undo it before you make a> gigantic mess on your head. Trust me, as a> spokesperson for FHP (Formerly Hair Impaired) I walked> around for months with green-tinged hair because I> tried to "correct" my color on my own. The> stylist later informed me that if I would have come to> her IMMEDIATELY, I say again IMMEDIATELY, the whole> thing would have been only a minor pain instead of a> major disaster. This is not to say that someday, far,> far in the future you will not be able to color your> hair yourself again. It is possible for the FHP to> learn to do it. I went on to color my own hair for> years (until today in fact) but I first had to learn> some hard lessons about color technique. So, take a> deep breath, put a towel over the mirror until> tomorrow and leave your hair ALONE tonight. Take two> Hershey bars and in the morning call a salon. Have it> fixed by a professional. Don't think. Just do it. This> is the best piece of advice you will ever get.Related Link:TailCuffs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic