Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNature's Gate spending spree

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nature's Gate spending spree
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:44am
I rode up north today and shopped at the store that carries every variety of Nature's Gate shampoos/conditioners. I bought 9 bottles. A few were refills..i.e. Jojoba and the tea tree but I did get some new kinds to test out. I bought some Chamomile, Rainwater, & Keratin. I got both shampoos and the conditioners to match..(hear that Dawn? :-) I hope to come up with some good results. I will let you know as I use them.. Cher~
Laura Jane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laura Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:44am
I'll be interested to hear what you find with the different types. So far, I've only tried Original and Jojoba conditioners, and Original shampoo. I've been thinking about trying some of the others, but there are so many, I'm not sure where to start! However, I've been happy so far with the Original to intersperse with the Aveda products I use, and I have good news about the Jojoba!I'm allergic to coffee, as I've mentioned before (I get hives from eating anything with the least bit of coffee in it, even if it's too little to taste). When I first tried the jojoba, having not read the label as carefully as I should have, my scalp acted up. It itched and was generally annoying. I went back and read the label carefully and saw coffee, so I blamed it on that.I was handling coffee in the lab the other day, though (long story), and I didn't get any reaction, so I decided to give the Jojoba conditioner another try. I've used it twice since then, and had no problems at all, so I'm about ready to write off that first experience as a "bad scalp day" and put the Jojoba back on my list of Good Things, because it's wonderful for my hair. It makes it so soft, and almost completely tangle-free. My hair feels lighter after I use it than after Curessence or Deep Penetrating Revitalizer, too, which is nice.Laura Janelswanson@sunflower.bio.indiana.edu
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:44am
>Laura,I am glad that you are able to use the Jojoba afterall. I thought about you and your reaction to coffee when I picked up my refills on the Jojoba which is one of my favorites. I love the smell and it also makes my hair very soft. I was reading every label. The ingredients in NG are very impressive. I will let you know how my testing comes out. I think at first I will try the Chamomile since Karen recently did. My hair when switched with Aveda off and on really clicks with the NG. Then when I go back to Aveda.. it does a great job. I use more of the NG because of the wonderful price tag! I think the switch between products that work well for you is the answer..I also switch Shampure with NG conditioners as I have mentioned in other posts.. Cher~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic