Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMoon In....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jennifer B. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moon In....
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:46am
Hi!If anyone has the time to answer this question, I would be most grateful. When the moon is in each of the 12 Zodiac signs (I already know the new moon rules etc.), what effect does this have on the hair? I know that leo is for bushier hair and aquar. is for chemical treatments.....-Jennifer B.
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:46am
> Hi!> If anyone has the time to answer this question, I> would be most grateful. When the moon is in each of> the 12 Zodiac signs (I already know the new moon rules> etc.), what effect does this have on the hair? I know> that leo is for bushier hair and aquar. is for> chemical treatments.....> -Jennifer B.Hi Jennifer,I have done a lot of contemplation about this very topic. In fact, if the truth be known, I live closely tied to the moon and I have noticed a lot of different things about the sign the moon is in. For example, I find traffic to move slower when the Moon is in a fixed sign (Taurus seems the worst, but I notice it in Leo and Scorpio too).I have also noticed that people are less congenial and more impatient when the Moon is in Aries or Sagittarius. I notice this in the type of email I get and other communications.How does the daily movement of the moon impact the hair? I think it is more complicated than that.I think the moon has an impact on your hair in conjunction with your natal chart. For example, my hair tends to be very soft and generally do really well on days that the Moon is in the signs of Cancer, Pisces, Scorpio, Libra and Taurus. This is because in my natal chart I am a Cancer sun with a Pisces moon and have a strong Libra ascendant. I also have a lot of Scorpio influences.Here are some of my observations:When the moon in a water sign (Cancer, Pisces, Scorpio) my hair responds well to deep conditioning treatments that require me to leave the treatment on for awhile. Since the moon is in a water sign, it seems to work well with water and my hair. I have found that if I sit in the whirlpool bath at my home and then apply Aveda Beautifying Oil and then wrap it in warm moist towels, my hair responds really well. The heat from the whirlpool opens the hair shaft and then the conditioner can work really deep.When the moon is in a fire sign (Aries, Leo, Saggitarius) I find my hair gets dried out faster and I have to be extra careful to use a leave in conditioner if I am going to use any hot appliances.When the moon is in Libra my hand dries really well and looks shiny if I take the appropriate steps (cool water rinse) and a good detangler. I find that Libra is a great equalizing sign. So I find it a good day to use a good balancing combination of shampoo/conditioner and detangler. My hair behaves well...generally on Libra days.When the moon is in Gemini by hair has multiple personalities. I try to be open minded and let it do its own thing.I have also noticed that when the Moon is in Virgo or Capricorn my hair tends to take longer to dry or is less full and fluffy. I also tend to be more critical of my hair when it is in Virgo and like the new moon in Virgo because I seem to do a better job of catching all the split ends.I have also noticed that major planetary transits impact the hair and have an overriding impact on the daily moon. For example, when I was under a stressful Saturn aspect my hair fell out. When I was having a great Jupiter transit my hair seems to grow faster than normal and was definitely thicker.I should probably write a long article about this. I am just not sure that many people would be that interested.I would recommend that you start your own personal journal based on the moon's signs and note how your hair behaves.I have an Aries friend with Aries Rising and Aries Ascendant. Several years ago she went to get a perm with the Moon in Capricorn squaring Aries. Her hair got burnt from the chemicals and broke off where she had hair that was only about 1 inch long all over her head. Needless to say, she was very traumatized by the experience. I found it interesting and noted her chart for that day and the influence of the moon.Of course everyone has a different opinion about all this. this is just my own personal experiences. :-)I would love to hear other opinions about this.Karen
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
JM View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:46am
I don't see why hair *wouldn't* be affected by the phases of the moon.There are also certain theories about when the best time to have non-emergencysurgery according to what sign the moon is in. I don't remember the details,but in some daily-astrology books, I think they have something about it. I *do*know one thing for sure...on a full moon, I've noticed people drive more wild andact differently (stranger) than normal. (werewolf effect?) ;-)
Jennifer B. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:48am
Karen,Thank you for the information! It is was exactly what I was looking for. I will take note of all the changes my hair will undergo during the differnt phases. I will keep in touch and let you know what happens!-Jennifer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic