Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHair cut tips for permed hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
susannah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susannah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair cut tips for permed hair
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:50am
HelloMy question is- When cutting permed hair,should you follow the same guidelines as when cutting naturally curly hair- such as not using thinning shears etc. I saw on the Ouidad website that she says curly hair should never be layered. My hair is relatively thick and coarse and I have it permed ( it falls just above my ears).I am growing it out to chin length all over, but am having problems with my bangs getting bulky while I am growing them out. Any tips, helpful hints?ThanksSusannah
William View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote William Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:50am
> Hello> My question is- When cutting permed hair,should you> follow the same guidelines as when cutting naturally> curly hair- such as not using thinning shears etc. I> saw on the Ouidad website that she says curly hair> should never be layered. My hair is relatively thick> and coarse and I have it permed ( it falls just above> my ears).> I am growing it out to chin length all over, but am> having problems with my bangs getting bulky while I am> growing them out. Any tips, helpful hints?> Thanks> Susannah Susannah. without knowing how curly your hair is it is almost impossible to reccomend anything, but a technique that i use is to section the bangs as in a center part and hold them at a 45 degree angle forward over the forehead and first cut in an almost vertical line about 75 to 80 degrees and then chip in at a 60 degree angle(point cut vertically) about 3/4" deep for the entire length of the bang parting. Repeat, working with about 3/8 wide partings across the entire bang section. This will give a layered look that will remove a lot of bulk but will let the hair 'lay down ' softening the look somewhat.
susannah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susannah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:51am
WilliamThank you for your advice. My hair has a medim tight curl in it (I think she used peach colored rods). Now my question is how do i find a stylist who would use the technique youdescribed? I am moving next month ( Charleston SC) and I am going to have to find a new stylist anyway. Any suggestions?Susannah
William View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote William Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:51am
> William> Thank you for your advice. My hair has a medim tight> curl in it (I think she used peach colored rods). Now> my question is how do i find a stylist who would use> the technique you> described? I am moving next month ( Charleston SC) and> I am going to have to find a new stylist anyway. Any> suggestions?> SusannahSusannah, Lucky you! One of the best stylists in the country is in the Charlston area, Frances London-DuBose operates a salon called London Hair there. You can see her work in almost any hair magazine. She has a very good eye for changes/makeovers and I don't think you could possibly go wrong with Frances. good luck
kimberly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimberly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:51am
> Susannah, Lucky you! One of the best stylists in the> country is in the Charlston area, Frances> London-DuBose operates a salon called London Hair> there. You can see her work in almost any hair> magazine. She has a very good eye for> changes/makeovers and I don't think you could possibly> go wrong with Frances. good luck
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic