Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedtemporary hair dyes--damaging?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Amy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: temporary hair dyes--damaging?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:53am
I am trying to grow my hair long, and would like to givethe blah-brown color a kick. Will temporary dyes likeClairol Natural Instincts damage the hair? My hair isfairly fine, and I fear breakage.
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:53am
> I am trying to grow my hair long, and would like to> give> the blah-brown color a kick. Will temporary dyes like> Clairol Natural Instincts damage the hair? My hair is> fairly fine, and I fear breakage.
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
Travis View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Travis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:53am
Karen, could you please repost your response to Amy about temporary hair dyes? Nothing appeared on the thread. Thanks.
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:54am
> I am trying to grow my hair long, and would like to> give> the blah-brown color a kick. Will temporary dyes like> Clairol Natural Instincts damage the hair? My hair is> fairly fine, and I fear breakage.I used Clairol's Natural Instincts a few times. It is semi-permanent hair color. Please realize that it has peroixde in it. It may fade through many shampoos for you. You may experience roots. I have lots of silver on the sides of my head and the Natural Instincts adhered to it like iron. Since I used color that was very close to my natural hair color, it isn't awful looking but the silver had to regrow back in. As for damage, I think that is an individual thing. Some people can color and still maintain their healthy hair. I think dyes are more damaging. If you intend on regular trims, you may get away with it. Since my hair grows about 3/4 inch a month, I was finding I was having to color every few weeks because of the silver growing in. I want to grow my hair long also and decided it was all too much for me. Also, naturally I have dry hair and if I want it to grow long, I cannot do anything to it that would dry it out further. I am trying to go with no trims for as long as possible. If you want to color, maybe try a brand with no peroxide... maybe that would wash out completely with no harmful effects. I can vouch tho, that the Natural Instincts does not come out completely.. Cher~
Julie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:55am
> I am trying to grow my hair long, and would like to> give> the blah-brown color a kick. Will temporary dyes like> Clairol Natural Instincts damage the hair? My hair is> fairly fine, and I fear breakage.I have used many temporary hair dyes and they aren't damaging at all. I especially like using Clairol Natural Instincts. The reason why they aren't damaging is because the color basically just coats the hairshaft--kind of like a conditioner--unlike permanent hair dyes which penetrate into the hair shaft, those are more damaging. Clairol Natural Instincts also comes with a conditioner to use right after coloring--Your hair will be nice and soft. I hope this helps you!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic