Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRe: Henna advice, please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jennifer J View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Re: Henna advice, please
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:57am
> Does anyone have advice on whether or not to use henna> as a conditioner and highlighter? Will it help or harm> the hair? Does the color ever fade away?Well I've used henna on my hair for a good 8 or 9 years now and while I can't say whether or not it would work well for your hair it's been great for me. It's not a conditioner and any coloring damages your hair to some extent... but in my experience henna is far less damaging to my hair then chemical colorants are. Just for reference I have thick, wavy hair with a bit of a tendency to frizz. Most of the people who I've heard that it didn't work for had thinner or finer hair.As for fading... it fades to a less intense color but it never fades out completely.> If henna is a good thing for brunettes to use, does> anyone have advice on a brand that is consistently> good?Yes. Light Mountain or Avigal (I think that's how you spell it). Both are pure henna without chemical additives and can be found in the beauty section of a health food store. DON'T get the stuff marked "henna" at your local beauty supply... it may be anywhere from 5%-20% actual henna with the remainder made up of lower quality chemical dyes. You'd be better off with a high quality chemical color than the mock henna dye sold in beauty supplies.If you have any questions about how to use it, or recipies for mixing it or anything else feel free to e-mail me. I've been using it on my hair for a long time and doing mehendi (henna painting on the hands and feet) for a few years as well.Good luck.-jj
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic