Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Black Currant Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Borage Oil, Etc.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBlack Currant Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Borage Oil, Etc.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black Currant Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Borage Oil, Etc.
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:58am
I have a question about black currant oil, evening primrose oil, borage oil, etc.I have been thinking about taking a supplement of black currant oil for my hair. My hair is shiny and in good shape, but I have heard that it makes your hair extremely lustrous and keeps it healthy. I have also read that it helps to alleviate many of the symptoms of PMS like bloating and helps with acne, too.I am hesitant because I worry that it will make me extremely nauseated. Has anyone had this experience? Is it better to at least try the softtabs on an empty stomach or an hour or so after eating? What recommended dosage would anyone make?I would greatly appreciate anyone's experience and comments!Thanks in advance,Jade21
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:59am
Hi Jade21,I have taken all the oils that you mention and currently take them. I have that they do help my hair feel softer. More importantly they help my PMS and hormonal issues. I had to experiment a bit before I found the best supplements for me. I currently take an EFA brand that has a little of everything. I had good luck with primrose oil for PMS, by itself. But I also like the way my skin and hair feels on the black current and combo EFA.I personally take them in the morning with my light breakfast. I also pop some Vitamin Bs, Es, acidophilis and some herbs that I take. I do not have stomach problems personally. However, I have also taken them at night right before bed after drinking some milk or something to just lightly coat my stomach.I strongly recommend all the oils.My dosage changes. I generally use the recommended dosage on the bottle but often feel that I need more or less. I have also been known to take the daily dose and break it up and take it 2 or 3 times a day.I am a strong believer in natural medicine and go regularly to an accupuncturist and chiropractor and herbalist here in Dallas. They have all been very up on the oils. I often muscle test for the proper dosages. That seems to give me good results.The thing is that depending on the time of the month, stress in your life and other factors, your needs for supplements and the oils will change.Hope this helps. Please post any other questions you may have and I will do my best to be helpful.Hugs,Karen> I have a question about black currant oil, evening> primrose oil, borage oil, etc.> I have been thinking about taking a supplement of> black currant oil for my hair. My hair is shiny and in> good shape, but I have heard that it makes your hair> extremely lustrous and keeps it healthy. I have also> read that it helps to alleviate many of the symptoms> of PMS like bloating and helps with acne, too.> I am hesitant because I worry that it will make me> extremely nauseated. Has anyone had this experience?> Is it better to at least try the softtabs on an empty> stomach or an hour or so after eating? What> recommended dosage would anyone make?> I would greatly appreciate anyone's experience and> comments!> Thanks in advance,> Jade21Related Link:Twists & Braids
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:59am
> Hi Jade21,> I have taken all the oils that you mention and> currently take them. I have that they do help my hair> feel softer. More importantly they help my PMS and> hormonal issues. I had to experiment a bit before I> found the best supplements for me. I currently take an> EFA brand that has a little of everything. I had good> luck with primrose oil for PMS, by itself. But I also> like the way my skin and hair feels on the black> current and combo EFA.> I personally take them in the morning with my light> breakfast. I also pop some Vitamin Bs, Es, acidophilis> and some herbs that I take. I do not have stomach> problems personally. However, I have also taken them> at night right before bed after drinking some milk or> something to just lightly coat my stomach.> I strongly recommend all the oils.> My dosage changes. I generally use the recommended> dosage on the bottle but often feel that I need more> or less. I have also been known to take the daily dose> and break it up and take it 2 or 3 times a day.> I am a strong believer in natural medicine and go> regularly to an accupuncturist and chiropractor and> herbalist here in Dallas. They have all been very up> on the oils. I often muscle test for the proper> dosages. That seems to give me good results.> The thing is that depending on the time of the month,> stress in your life and other factors, your needs for> supplements and the oils will change.> Hope this helps. Please post any other questions you> may have and I will do my best to be helpful.> Hugs,> KarenHi, Karen!Thanks so much for responding. I am going to start with the black currant oil with a little something on my stomach. I will let you know about my results.A chiropractor and an acupuncturist? Sounds good to me! Had some real knots from stress in my back and a chiropractor's magical hads relieved them with just a touch. Well, maybe a little bit more, but he definitely worked wonders fast and gave me some good advice. Haven't had the problem since.Karen, what is this muscle test for the EFAs? I would be interested.I am so glad that you are a believer in natural medicine. So much of it works and people don't suffer such adverse, debilitating reactions as with many forms of conventional medicine. The two should not be mutually exclusive.Take care of yourself and hugs to you too, girl!Jade21
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:59am
Hi Jade21,Well to try and explain the muscle test thing could get a little long (you know me. :-).I am going to try and write up my thoughts and then post this later. OK? I don't want to add several pages.As far as believing in natural remedies...well it was the only salvation for me. I had food allergies and all sorts of weird illness things for years. I suffered intensely and traditional medicine did not help me except to eliminate the pain with drugs. I had one condition where I went to 6 different doctors with no results. Finally a homeopathic MD helped me with homeopathy and that was it. I was on the path to always evaluate natural options.I also have traditional doctors (MDs) that I go to, but I always look for the best answer for me and sometimes it is a combination of traditional and natural and sometimes only natural works.Hugs :-) & more later.Karen> Hi, Karen!> Thanks so much for responding. I am going to start> with the black currant oil with a little something on> my stomach. I will let you know about my results.> A chiropractor and an acupuncturist? Sounds good to> me! Had some real knots from stress in my back and a> chiropractor's magical hads relieved them with just a> touch. Well, maybe a little bit more, but he> definitely worked wonders fast and gave me some good> advice. Haven't had the problem since.> Karen, what is this muscle test for the EFAs? I would> be interested.> I am so glad that you are a believer in natural> medicine. So much of it works and people don't suffer> such adverse, debilitating reactions as with many> forms of conventional medicine. The two should not be> mutually exclusive.> Take care of yourself and hugs to you too, girl!> Jade21
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic