Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRe: Henna advice, please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
William View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote William Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Re: Henna advice, please
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:59am
> Does anyone have advice on whether or not to use henna> as a conditioner and highlighter? Will it help or harm> the hair? Does the color ever fade away?> If henna is a good thing for brunettes to use, does> anyone have advice on a brand that is consistently> good?> Many thanks in advance!To Amy; In response to your question about henna: THINK TWICE BEFORE USING HENNA! Henna is the oldest haircolor known to man. It was used extensively in ancient Egyptian times,but there are some long term effects that you should think about before using! Henna can improve the appearence of your hair(make it shiny and color it. However it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to completly remove from your hair once it has been used on it except for cutting all affected hair off! It also prevents any other chemical services (ie perms other colorings to be performed) on your hair EVER, until it is cut off. There are many good products on the market that will do as good of a job coloring your hair, such as Redken Shades EQ and do not have any restrictions on your hair styling plans for your hair, now or in the future. Shades has a wonderful color selection and can be intermixed to customize a color for any application and with the use of "Shades Above" gentle one step lightening can be achieved on most colors. william
Christine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:59am
A friend of mine uses henna too and I do agree it is permanent. But she seems to be able to straighten and perm her hair several times a year with no problem with the henna on.
Jennifer J View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:00am
> To Amy; In response to your question about henna:> THINK TWICE BEFORE USING HENNA! Henna is the oldest> haircolor known to man. It was used extensively in> ancient Egyptian times,but there are some long term> effects that you should think about before using!> Henna can improve the appearence of your hair(make it> shiny and color it. However it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to> completly remove from your hair once it has been used> on it except for cutting all affected hair off!That is true of all other permanent haircolors and in some cases it's even true of semi-permanant colors (some red shades on blonde hair). One should think carefully before using any permanent color for that reason.> It also prevents any other chemical services (ie perms> other colorings to be performed) on your hair EVER,> until it is cut off.Really? I hadn't heard this. I've certainly done other permanent colors (including double process bleaching) over henna on my hair and not had problems.-jennifer j
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic