Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHair color disaster

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Carron View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair color disaster
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:03am
Please help!!I finally got up the nerve to get my gray covered and went to a professional this summer to do it. The first time was great. The next time I went in for a touch up, she turned my hair red. I have been going to a different salon ever since to get this corrected. (I am natually a medium brown) This has been going OK with only a little red left. Until today!! My regular stylist had to have surgery so someone else did it for me. She said she would match my roots and use an ash tone to get rid of the red. Well the problem is now I look like Loretta Lynn. I have tried to get back to the salon and they are closed until Tuesday. I am too embarrassed to leave the housePlease help!!!!
Evelyn View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evelyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:03am
> I need advice on what to do with my hair. My hair roots are been going gray for awhile now. Should I keep dying my hair black ( my original hair color ) or is there an alternative to using a differant die color other than black.Please tell me what I should do?
William View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote William Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:03am
> Please help!!> I finally got up the nerve to get my gray covered and> went to a professional this summer to do it. The first> time was great. The next time I went in for a touch> up, she turned my hair red. I have been going to a> different salon ever since to get this corrected. (I> am natually a medium brown) This has been going OK> with only a little red left. Until today!! My regular> stylist had to have surgery so someone else did it for> me. She said she would match my roots and use an ash> tone to get rid of the red. Well the problem is now I> look like Loretta Lynn. I have tried to get back to> the salon and they are closed until Tuesday. I am too> embarrassed to leave the houseRE: Carrons color problem, Carron DO NOT start pouring color onto your hair! You did not say what type of color was used on your hair, whether it was permanent or semi-permanent. Either way it can be "stripped" by using Clairol "uncolor" or "metalax" permanent haircolor remover.(availible at beauty supply stores). This should be left to a pro no matter what you think right now. It is also hard on your hair. What you should do is start an intensive deep conditioning program to help get your hair back in shape for whatever you decide to do. Use Redken "PPT and Extreme" conditioner applied to freashly shampooed hair and leave on 20 mins min. Best to wait for your regular stylist or her reccomended substitute. william.> Please help!!!!
Kelly F. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:03am
> Please help!!> I finally got up the nerve to get my gray covered and> went to a professional this summer to do it. The first> time was great. The next time I went in for a touch> up, she turned my hair red. I have been going to a> different salon ever since to get this corrected. (I> am natually a medium brown) This has been going OK> with only a little red left. Until today!! My regular> stylist had to have surgery so someone else did it for> me. She said she would match my roots and use an ash> tone to get rid of the red. Well the problem is now I> look like Loretta Lynn. I have tried to get back to> the salon and they are closed until Tuesday. I am too> embarrassed to leave the houseHi Carron, it sounds like you had a permanent color originally if you have roots showing & that the colorist then added a semi perm. ash tone. If that's the case, you can try to wash out some of the harsh dark color with shampoo like Prell. I had a similar problem & it helped take out some of the darkness. Wash it w/ the Prell & let it sit on your hair for about 10 min. then rinse. Then condition. Believe it or not, it should start fading on its own within a couple of weeks...but try the Prell too. Good luck! There's nothing like a hair disaster right before the holidays! Believe me, I know. ~Kelly F.> Please help!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic