Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedbraids

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: braids
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:03am
I usually keep braids in my hair for a year. The week I take them out, I wash it and hot comb it. Then I have my hair relaxed. I notice that when I do this my hair comes out a lot. It comes out in clumps. My hair ends up breaking and I have to put the braids in my hair again. Can some one tell me what to do? I usually use Hawaiian Silk relaxer-mild. Any responses would be very nice. Thank you.
The present is the past tomorrow. :)
Kelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:03am
> I usually keep braids in my hair for a year. The week> I take them out, I wash it and hot comb it. Then I> have my hair relaxed. I notice that when I do this my> hair comes out a lot. It comes out in clumps. My hair> ends up breaking and I have to put the braids in my> hair again. Can some one tell me what to do? I usually> use Hawaiian Silk relaxer-mild. Any responses would be> very nice. Thank you.
The present is the past tomorrow. :)
Melanie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:04am
You are keeping the braids in too long. Braids are only meant to be kept in for 1-2 months at a time. They put a lot of stress on your scalp and when you have them in for long periods of time, you are pulling out your hair by the root.Also, one week between braids and a relaxer is not enough. With the added stress of the hot comb, you are really damaging your hair. After taking the braids out, give your hair a few weeks to get deep conditioned and healthy. Then, without hot combing, get a relaxer. You can get it flat ironed during this period. The hot comb will "kill" the relaxed hair.Hope this helps. If you have other questions, feel free to e-mail me direct.Melanie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic