Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI need an opinion on gray hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kirk View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need an opinion on gray hair
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:06am
I'm 38 and feeling a little self conscious about my extra 20 pounds and my starting-to-gray-hair. The pounds I can work off but the hair I am confused about. I've heard that women like men with a little gray...that it makes them sexy. I've also heard that it's better to color it back to stay young looking.Every time i go to the isle with the color I satnd thier reading the lables for twenty minutes and then walk out frustated because I don't want to make a mistake. FYI...I have straight, light brown hair...another boring feature. I would love your opinion. Thanks
kirk View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:06am
> I'm 38 and feeling a little self conscious about my> extra 20 pounds and my starting-to-gray-hair. The> pounds I can work off but the hair I am confused> about. I've heard that women like men with a little> gray...that it makes them sexy. I've also heard that> it's better to color it back to stay young> looking.Every time I go to the isle with the color I> stand there reading the lables for twenty minutes and> then walk out more confused. I just don't want to make a> mistake. One more thing...I have straight, light brown> hair...I would love your opinion. Thanks alot.
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:06am
I can say that I like gray in a man's hair. My husband who just turned 40 recently has gray coming in all over his head. His hair is a light brownish blonde color but you can see the gray sprouting all over. He's got beautiful blue eyes so I think it's nice looking. Short gray to me is almost always beautiful. Coloring does make you look younger. But it is a hassle. I totally understood what you said when you wrote about going to the hair color aisle and pondering.. then leaving. I did the same thing over and over before coloring my own hair. My hair grows too fast to keep it colored. And I am too much into natural products to do that to myself. Put it this way.. it grossed me out.! I put in a vote that gray on a man looks fine. It's you that has to be comfortable with yourself tho. If you have short hair, you can get rid of the colored hair quickly if you are not happy, with a few haircuts. best of luck..CherI'm 38 and feeling a little self conscious about my> extra 20 pounds and my starting-to-gray-hair. The> pounds I can work off but the hair I am confused> about. I've heard that women like men with a little> gray...that it makes them sexy. I've also heard that> it's better to color it back to stay young> looking.Every time i go to the isle with the color I> satnd thier reading the lables for twenty minutes and> then walk out frustated because I don't want to make a> mistake. FYI...I have straight, light brown> hair...another boring feature. I would love your> opinion. Thanks
kirk View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:06am
> Thanks Cher..it was really nice of you to take the time to respond.Kirk>
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:06am
> KirkNo problem.. Let us know what you decide to do. I have started to get alot of silver just in the past 2 years but started to gray early at the age of 23. But just recently I have gotten tons. I can look back at pictures in '96 and see a big difference. My dad is 59 and he is almost all silver headed & silver bearded and he looks wonderful.. kind of a Kenny Rogers look or Sean Connery. Those two are very handsome with their silver.. good luckCher
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic