Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow to remove Manic Panic hair color?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jennifer J View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to remove Manic Panic hair color?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:07am
> A few weeks ago, I dyed my normally ashy brown with> bleached blonde chunks a bright purple color. It's> faded out now, and I'd like to return to my natural> color. How do I remove the purple that remains in my> blonde chunks? I don't want to fry it. Thanks in> advance!Unfortunately Manic Panic and other brightly colored temporary hair colors stick REALLY well to bleached hair. In fact many people pre-bleach their hair to get the color to stay longer. And the reds and purples are hardest to get out. You may not be able to get it all out without causing some damage or waiting quite a while for it to fade.What you might want to try is using a strong clarifying shampoo. Or if that doesn't work you could try Metalex by Clairol which is a pretty strong stripper... it should get most of the color out, but your highlights may still come out a bit discolored.-jennifer j
summer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote summer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:06am
A few weeks ago, I dyed my normally ashy brown with bleached blonde chunks a bright purple color. It's faded out now, and I'd like to return to my natural color. How do I remove the purple that remains in my blonde chunks? I don't want to fry it. Thanks in advance!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic