Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedhelp!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
curlyfry View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlyfry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help!!!!
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:06am
HElP!!!I have curly hair and I don't know what to do with it!! For years and years I have only pulled half of it in a barret and left the other half down. I am getting VERY tired of the same old hairstyle and I am looking desperatly for a new one. I have searched the internet for ideas and this is my last hope. My hair is right below my shoulder blades. I would GRATEFULLY like ANY suggestions. You can e-mail me suggestions or directions on your favorite hair style. I am not going to be able to cut my hair so it will have to be that length. Keep in mind I have curly hair (some styles don't work on my hair) THANKS!!Also, my hair, during the winter, has a lot of static (and having curly hair) it puffs out. Is there any product I could use that would fizz down my hair?? I am going to try spraying water on it and I hope that helps.THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!! I hope to hear from you all shortly. P.S. For all those Curly haired people in the world and can't do a THING with it, I am with you.curly fry
Paula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:06am
> HElP!!!> I have curly hair and I don't know what to do with> it!! For years and years I have only pulled half of it> in a barret and left the other half down. I am getting> VERY tired of the same old hairstyle and I am looking> desperatly for a new one. I have searched the internet> for ideas and this is my last hope. My hair is right> below my shoulder blades. I would GRATEFULLY like ANY> suggestions. You can e-mail me suggestions or> directions on your favorite hair style. I am not going> to be able to cut my hair so it will have to be that> length. Keep in mind I have curly hair (some styles> don't work on my hair) THANKS!!> Also, my hair, during the winter, has a lot of static> (and having curly hair) it puffs out. Is there any> product I could use that would fizz down my hair?? I> am going to try spraying water on it and I hope that> helps.> THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!! I hope to hear from you all> shortly. P.S. For all those Curly haired people in the> world and can't do a THING with it, I am with you.> curly fryCurly FryI too have long curly hair. I use those new head bands that are like combs. I don't know the official name for them but they come apart and you connect them under your hair in the back then just push the combs up and into your hair. This keeps my hair out of my face and makes it extra fluffy and full in the back. Bananna clips are useful also. When I want a more dressy look I just put a hair band in my hair making a pony tail on top of my head. I then shape the long curls around my head and spray, it looks great. I use L'oreal Studio Line Anit Frizz on my hair. Some days I need to use a mousse so I use TRESemme 4+4. Usually I let my hair air dry but if I use mousse I use a hair dryer with a difuser on a low setting. This helps with the frizzies.
Lynn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:07am
> HElP!!!> I have curly hair and I don't know what to do with> it!! For years and years I have only pulled half of it> in a barret and left the other half down. I am getting> VERY tired of the same old hairstyle and I am looking> desperatly for a new one. I have searched the internet> for ideas and this is my last hope. My hair is right> below my shoulder blades. I would GRATEFULLY like ANY> suggestions. You can e-mail me suggestions or> directions on your favorite hair style. I am not going> to be able to cut my hair so it will have to be that> length. Keep in mind I have curly hair (some styles> don't work on my hair) THANKS!!> Also, my hair, during the winter, has a lot of static> (and having curly hair) it puffs out. Is there any> product I could use that would fizz down my hair?? I> am going to try spraying water on it and I hope that> helps.> THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!! I hope to hear from you all> shortly. P.S. For all those Curly haired people in the> world and can't do a THING with it, I am with you.> curly fryHi,Why not trying straighting irons to straighten your hair as they are very effective. Or why not even try straightening serums available at chemists or salons.Good lucklynn
Lynn G
cassie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cassie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:07am
I also have very curly hair. I've had my hair texturized. In other words, my hairdresser puts a mild relaxer in my hair for about ten minutes every few months to loosen the curl pattern. A chemical process may not be necessary for you, but you might try using some of the newer lighter pomades, like Paul Mitchell's Pomade or even a heavier one like Sebastion's Grease, depending on the texture of your hair. Also cream leave-in conditioners, like Mane and Tail and Bumble and Bumble have calmed my hair down a lot. Finally, when you see people with curly that's similar to the texture of your own and looks good, ask them who cuts their hair and even what kinds of products they use. I've found that some hairdressers are better with curly hair than others and that a good cut often determines how well my hair hangs and the styling time that it takes to get it to look good. Finally, you might take a look at Andre Walker's (Oprah's hairdresser) book on hair. He has curly hair himself and includes a whole chapter on the care of what he calls type 3's, that is people with curly hair textures. Good luck.
Regina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:09am
this might work depending on exactly ho curly your hair is.If you wash your hair at night, try putting it into about three braids or one big one and let it dry overnight. This worked on my hair when I had it long. French braiding worked the best for me. In the morning blow dry your hair to get rid of the moisture and then rum some frizz ease into it. I also used to put my hair in a loose ponytail when I diffused it which helped keep it under control (unless it was raining outside then all hell would break loose) I just cut my hair to an above chin length and it surprised me by becoming wavy instead of frizzy curly. My hair dresser said that my hair grows in wavy but gets curlier as it gets longer. Wierd!Good LuckRegina
wild orhcid salon san luis obispo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic