Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHairstyle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hairstyle
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:07am
I saw this hairstyle that I think looks cool, but I'm somewhat concerned if it is generally acceptable, and/or often done: its long on the top, and then shaved close on the back and sides with the long hair hanging over it. My hair is medium brown, slightly wavy, and just past my chin. I think the style looks cool, but I'm concerned about whether its too different, and what to tell my stylist. What do you think? Any suggestions would be greatSara A.
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:08am
Hi Sara,Only you can decide if you would be comfortable with the style you are interested in trying.Why not approach this style slowly? Get a few photos to take to the stylist (then you don't have to really tell them anything...a picture speaks a 1,000 words) and ask their opinion about whether the style would work with your hair or not.If they think it would be good with your hair type and face shape..then instead of going the whole route, only do part of it.I have included a style below that only has the look on one side. Why not check this out first and see if you like it before you commit to your whole look being so radically different.In my humble opinion it is always safer to "ease" into a style rather than to jump in with your whole head and then regret it later.I think taking a photo to the stylist is always the safest solution. Many times what a stylist will visualize in their head is not what you are thinking about so a photo will clarify things better.Let me know how things turn out for you.Best wishes,Karen> I saw this hairstyle that I think looks cool, but I'm> somewhat concerned if it is generally acceptable,> and/or often done: its long on the top, and then> shaved close on the back and sides with the long hair> hanging over it. My hair is medium brown, slightly> wavy, and just past my chin. I think the style looks> cool, but I'm concerned about whether its too> different, and what to tell my stylist. What do you> think? Any suggestions would be great> Sara A.Related Link:Part Shaved Hairstyle
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic