Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCharging for consultations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Charging for consultations
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:09am
I just made an appointment with a new salon to get a consulation done, and they are charging me $20, but it will be applied towards whatever I have done. I was wondering if most salons do this?Unfortunately, I am NOT familiar with this area(where my boyfriend lives), and I chose this salon because I went inside to buy some Aveda shampoo and it looks really nice. I have no other idea on how I would pick a salon besides judging how I think it looks. What if I screw myself and get there and not like this chick that I'm having the consultation with?This makes me a little leary of this salon, even though it's about the nicest one in the area. I'd just like to know if this is a bad thing and if other salons do this as well.Thanks!Kara
kelly1 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelly1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:09am
> I just made an appointment with a new salon to get a> consulation done, and they are charging me $20, but it> will be applied towards whatever I have done. I was> wondering if most salons do this?> Unfortunately, I am NOT familiar with this area(where> my boyfriend lives), and I chose this salon because I> went inside to buy some Aveda shampoo and it looks> really nice. I have no other idea on how I would pick> a salon besides judging how I think it looks. What if> I screw myself and get there and not like this chick> that I'm having the consultation with?> This makes me a little leary of this salon, even> though it's about the nicest one in the area. I'd just> like to know if this is a bad thing and if other> salons do this as well.> Thanks!> KaraHello, Kara! The reason they are charging is that too many oeople have been getting consultations and not returning. Normally, when I do a consultation is at the beginning of the appt and then we do the service. If someone comes for only a consultation and doesn' book an appt, and they're not a regular client, somethings usually up. Basically, you got what you paid for, time. I don't charge for consultations but I think it's great.. and well worth it for you! If the cons. went well, book the appt. good luck!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic