Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedperming and coloring

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Patti View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: perming and coloring
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:11am
My hair is in need of both a color and a perm. Which should I do first. Which brand of perms and coloring are best when doing multiple processing?
William View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote William Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:12am
> My hair is in need of both a color and a perm. Which> should I do first. Which brand of perms and coloring> are best when doing multiple processing?To Patti; Normally you should do your perm first and then a couple of weeks later (during which an intensive conditioning program should be instituted), do your color. A reverse of this is true when bleaching or using a "hi-lift" color process. I heavily reccomend that only a VERY EXPIERENCED stylist do this because of the potential major damage that your hair could recieve if an amateur tries to perm and color at the same time or does not know all the ins and out of this proceedure! If you are not lightening your hair, I reccomend Redken Vector Plus perms and you can immediatly use Redken Shades EQ color either as a part of the perming process or immediatly afterwards for great, conditioning color/perming in the salon.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic